Oxfordshire's Izzy Taylor could hardly contain her excitement after being selected for Great Britain’s squad to compete in the World Equestrian Games in Normandy from August 28-31.
The 31-year-old, from Aynho, near Banbury, will ride Allercombe Ellie.
And she will compete alongside Zara Phillips, William Fox-Pitt, Pippa Funnell, Tina Cook and Oliver Townend.
Taylor said: “I’m very excited, and to be going to another championship, which will be a different kind of championships (to the Europeans in 2013); it’s exciting.
“It kind of feels, on a personal level, that I’ve made a step up.”
- Ryan Ledson joins Oxford United from Everton for undisclosed fee
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire