Oxfordshire's Izzy Taylor could hardly contain her excitement after being selected for Great Britain’s squad to compete in the World Equestrian Games in Normandy from August 28-31.
The 31-year-old, from Aynho, near Banbury, will ride Allercombe Ellie.
And she will compete alongside Zara Phillips, William Fox-Pitt, Pippa Funnell, Tina Cook and Oliver Townend.
Taylor said: “I’m very excited, and to be going to another championship, which will be a different kind of championships (to the Europeans in 2013); it’s exciting.
“It kind of feels, on a personal level, that I’ve made a step up.”
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League