Oxfordshire's Izzy Taylor could hardly contain her excitement after being selected for Great Britain’s squad to compete in the World Equestrian Games in Normandy from August 28-31.
The 31-year-old, from Aynho, near Banbury, will ride Allercombe Ellie.
And she will compete alongside Zara Phillips, William Fox-Pitt, Pippa Funnell, Tina Cook and Oliver Townend.
Taylor said: “I’m very excited, and to be going to another championship, which will be a different kind of championships (to the Europeans in 2013); it’s exciting.
“It kind of feels, on a personal level, that I’ve made a step up.”
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side
- ANGLING: Holder Craig Partridge gets off to flying start
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford driver Matt Chapman facing first two-hour endurance test
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford's David Murphy competes against Olympic champion in British final
- Canice Carroll raring for next season already after breaking into Oxford United's side
- Reaction to Shrewsbury Town defeat defined Oxford United's season – Michael Appleton
- Michael Appleton sets Oxford United one last target to hit this season