DAVIDSTOW VILLAGE CUP
ANDY Harris believes Great & Little Tew are a more mature side as they prepare for their second venture into the national rounds.
The Oxfordshire champions visit Dorset’s Parley in the last 32 on Sunday, having crashed out to Gloucestershire’s Apperley by seven wickets at the same stage in 2012.
Captain Harris, who is relishing the chance to better that, said: “We have two years’ more maturity and experience now. Hopefully, that puts us in a better place.”
Wicket-keeper Ashley Hubbert, who missed the Oxon final against Cumnor, comes into a squad of 12.
Parley defeated former national champions Goatacre by 19 runs in their group final.
Tew have done some research on Parley, but Harris said it would still be a step into the unknown.
“When you get to this stage, you know very little about the sides you are playing,” he said.
“Statistics don’t really give you the full picture and you don’t know much about the ground.
“But we’ll turn up and be as well prepared as we can be.”
If succesful, Tew would be away for every round until the final at Lord’s, with Ashbrittle (Somerset & Avon) or Ynystawe (Glamorgan & Gwent) next in line.
Great & Little Tew: from Harris (capt), White, Smith, Jeacock, Hubbert, Lloyd Brock, Lawrence Brock, Bryan, Shurmer, Catling, Josh Garrett, Haggett.
Latest Sport news
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell clinches US Open spot after superb qualifying display
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player