Tejvan Pettinger, a second claim Oxonian rider, smashed the course record when winning the Oxford City Open 10 at Witney.
A north-easterly breeze made for fast times and all ten of Oxonian’s riders recorded either personal best or season’s best times.
Ironically, the same was true of the host club, who also saw ten riders set new bests.
But it was Pettinger, of Sri Chinmoy CT, who came out on top with his time of 19mins 24secs. Oxonian Dan Blackburn came third in 21.29.
Mike Johnstone was the first Oxford City rider home in 22.59.
City president Keith Williams won the 75-year age group, beating the previous best time by 44 seconds.
Other Oxonian times: M Prior 22.17, S Parfitt 22.34, J Hunt 23.38, P Nicholls 23.43, O Gould 24.20, P Saunders 24.21, A Fenwick 24.30 (2nd lady), D Hanson 25.17, J King 25.54.
- OXONIAN broke their club team record when competing in the Hemel Hempstead Open 10 near Tring.
The quartet of Tom Yeatman (20.45), Mat Rowley (20.53), Malc Rose (21.00) and Gavin Tillson (20.54) produced a new best combined time of 81mins 32 secs.
Other Oxonian times: D Jones 23.02, J Line 24.44.
- OXFORD City’s Rich Harrison smashed the club’s 25-mile record in a trial race at Newmarket, crossing the line in 50mins 30secs.
Harrison then triumphed in the Beeline Bikes Inter-County competition at Witney, beating Oxonian’s Gavin Tilson and Eamonn Deeley.
Oxonian’s Aimee Fenwick won the ladies race, with Claire Vallance (Mid Oxon) second and Jem Line (Oxonian) third.
Howard Waller set a new veteran record in the gruelling Newbury 12-hour time trial, posting 261 miles.
- Josh Ruffels signs new contract at Oxford United
- CRICKET: Ex-Oxfordshire bowler Jack Brooks delighted to agree new deal with Yorkshire
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Debutant Evie Gane earns Oxford United a point
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh, Wantage Town and Didcot Town in action
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins climb out of relegation zone with battling victory, while Witney beat local rivals Grove
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Casey Canterbury's hat-trick puts Oxford RL though
- RUGBY UNION: George Jackson’s penalty completes Henley Hawks comeback victory
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University Greyhounds beat Bicester to reach Oxfordshire Cup final
- RUGBY UNION: Wheatley storm to victory and Littlemore make it fifteen wins in a row
- DARTS: Promotion-chasers Oxfordshire in key battle