Tejvan Pettinger, a second claim Oxonian rider, smashed the course record when winning the Oxford City Open 10 at Witney.
A north-easterly breeze made for fast times and all ten of Oxonian’s riders recorded either personal best or season’s best times.
Ironically, the same was true of the host club, who also saw ten riders set new bests.
But it was Pettinger, of Sri Chinmoy CT, who came out on top with his time of 19mins 24secs. Oxonian Dan Blackburn came third in 21.29.
Mike Johnstone was the first Oxford City rider home in 22.59.
City president Keith Williams won the 75-year age group, beating the previous best time by 44 seconds.
Other Oxonian times: M Prior 22.17, S Parfitt 22.34, J Hunt 23.38, P Nicholls 23.43, O Gould 24.20, P Saunders 24.21, A Fenwick 24.30 (2nd lady), D Hanson 25.17, J King 25.54.
- OXONIAN broke their club team record when competing in the Hemel Hempstead Open 10 near Tring.
The quartet of Tom Yeatman (20.45), Mat Rowley (20.53), Malc Rose (21.00) and Gavin Tillson (20.54) produced a new best combined time of 81mins 32 secs.
Other Oxonian times: D Jones 23.02, J Line 24.44.
- OXFORD City’s Rich Harrison smashed the club’s 25-mile record in a trial race at Newmarket, crossing the line in 50mins 30secs.
Harrison then triumphed in the Beeline Bikes Inter-County competition at Witney, beating Oxonian’s Gavin Tilson and Eamonn Deeley.
Oxonian’s Aimee Fenwick won the ladies race, with Claire Vallance (Mid Oxon) second and Jem Line (Oxonian) third.
Howard Waller set a new veteran record in the gruelling Newbury 12-hour time trial, posting 261 miles.
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League