Oxfordshire's Katherine Hawes helped England retain their British Isles Women’s International Series title in Jersey.
Having received a late call-up into the team, the Oxford City & County star played her part as England won all four of their matches against Ireland, Scotland, Jersey and Wales on Les Creux’s artificial green.
Hawes said: “I was quite pleased with it being the first time on an artificial surface, and I was at No 3 whereas I have played at No 2 before.
“I thought I did quite well and the other people in my team did too.”
England opened up with a 120-108 win over Ireland, with Hawes featuring in a 21-12 rink victory skipped by Lincolnshire’s Penny Strong, alongside Worcestershire’s Sue Davies and Derbyshire’s Jo Skelton against Barbara Cameron.
Hawes and her rinkmates were then pipped 16-15 by Scotland skip Lorna Smith, but England won 108-102 to make it two wins out of two.
An emphatic 140-86 victory over Jersey followed with the four including Hawes regaining the winning thread with a 21-12 success over skip Helen Greechan.
England clinched the title by walloping Wales 143-97, with Hawes’s side beating skip Judith Wason 21-15.
Hawes added: “I think we did very well and we were obviously pleased by the result.
“We only lost one game by one, so that was nice from a personal point of view.”
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- LIVE -Barnet v Oxford United
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles