ENGLAND fan Darren Bungay is confident the Three Lions will still progress to the knockout stages.
Darren, 42, from Grove, allowed his 11-year-old son Richard, and his two school friends to stay up late for Saturday’s 11pm showdown with Italy, which ended in a 2-1 defeat.
He said: “I thought England played well but left themselves a little bit open at the back. I can see us beating both Uruguay and Costa Rica.
“My sister-in-law’s husband is Italian and they live in Australia so were were in touch all of Saturday night on Skype – but we didn’t speak much after the game.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today