ENGLAND fan Darren Bungay is confident the Three Lions will still progress to the knockout stages.
Darren, 42, from Grove, allowed his 11-year-old son Richard, and his two school friends to stay up late for Saturday’s 11pm showdown with Italy, which ended in a 2-1 defeat.
He said: “I thought England played well but left themselves a little bit open at the back. I can see us beating both Uruguay and Costa Rica.
“My sister-in-law’s husband is Italian and they live in Australia so were were in touch all of Saturday night on Skype – but we didn’t speak much after the game.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech