ENGLAND fan Darren Bungay is confident the Three Lions will still progress to the knockout stages.
Darren, 42, from Grove, allowed his 11-year-old son Richard, and his two school friends to stay up late for Saturday’s 11pm showdown with Italy, which ended in a 2-1 defeat.
He said: “I thought England played well but left themselves a little bit open at the back. I can see us beating both Uruguay and Costa Rica.
“My sister-in-law’s husband is Italian and they live in Australia so were were in touch all of Saturday night on Skype – but we didn’t speak much after the game.”
Our top stories:
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate