A TRADITIONAL tea party will be held in Adderbury to celebrate 40 years of tennis at a club.
Banbury West End Tennis and Squash Club, Chapel Lane, is marking four decades in Adderbury by throwing a party for all past and former members.
The occasion will also see a series of events over June 28 and 29, coinciding with the middle weekend of the Wimbledon tennis tournament.
There will be an open day on the Saturday from 1pm to 5pm with free junior coaching, which has been organised to support the Lawn Tennis Association’s Great British Tennis Weekend event.
Then on Sunday, the club will run a Pro-Am Round Robin tournament and host the tea party.
Club president Ray Armstrong said: “We are really excited to be running an open day as part of the Great British Tennis Weekend. It’s a great chance to try tennis at our club in Adderbury and find out what a great sport tennis is.”
The club is also keen to hear from past members for the celebration – call Mr Armstrong on 07825 009285.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech