Oxford United have been handed an away tie at Bristol City in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
This morning's draw paired the U's with the Robins in a match to be played in the week commencing August 11.
The last time United travelled to Ashton Gate was in September 2002, also in the League Cup, when James Hunt scored the only goal as the U's triumphed 1-0.
Ian Atkins's side went on the beat Charlton on penalties in the second round, before losing 3-0 at home to Aston Villa.
Latest United news:
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline