Oxford United have been handed an away tie at Bristol City in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
This morning's draw paired the U's with the Robins in a match to be played in the week commencing August 11.
The last time United travelled to Ashton Gate was in September 2002, also in the League Cup, when James Hunt scored the only goal as the U's triumphed 1-0.
Ian Atkins's side went on the beat Charlton on penalties in the second round, before losing 3-0 at home to Aston Villa.
Latest United news:
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list
- Callum O'Dowda praised by Martin O'Neill after first Ireland training session
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to make mark with Republic of Ireland squad
- Oxford United 'could lose around £185,000' if Football League proposal for a fifth division is passed