Oxford United have been handed an away tie at Bristol City in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
This morning's draw paired the U's with the Robins in a match to be played in the week commencing August 11.
The last time United travelled to Ashton Gate was in September 2002, also in the League Cup, when James Hunt scored the only goal as the U's triumphed 1-0.
Ian Atkins's side went on the beat Charlton on penalties in the second round, before losing 3-0 at home to Aston Villa.
Latest United news:
- Millwall result will determine Oxford United mood for next fortnight, says captain John Lundstram
- Oxford United boss issues warning over dangerous Millwall strikers
- Millwall manager Neil Harris full of respect for 'attack-minded' Oxford United
- Striker Wes Thomas’s calf injuries proving a mystery for Oxford United
- OxVox column: How I ended up building a network of exiles