OXFORDSHIRE athletes Hannah England, Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas will compete in the Commonwealth Games, it was confirmed this morning.
This trio will represent England at Glasgow 2014 in July after being named in a squad of 129.
England will compete in the ladies’ 1,500m, with fellow Oxford City AC member Douglas contesting the men’s triple jump.
Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the men’s 110m hurdles, hoping to build on a bronze medal in 2010.
Former Oxford University student Ben Moreau will run for England in the marathon.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- CRICKET: Shipton-under-Wychwood skipper Charlie Brain eyeing derby joy at Horspath
- CRICKET: Banbury skipper Lloyd Sabin excited to take on Division 1 champions High Wycombe
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 50s B get off to flying start in County Championship
- Tennis fever sweeps Oxfordshire as Davis Cup comes to Abingdon
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth