OXFORDSHIRE athletes Hannah England, Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas will compete in the Commonwealth Games, it was confirmed this morning.
This trio will represent England at Glasgow 2014 in July after being named in a squad of 129.
England will compete in the ladies’ 1,500m, with fellow Oxford City AC member Douglas contesting the men’s triple jump.
Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the men’s 110m hurdles, hoping to build on a bronze medal in 2010.
Former Oxford University student Ben Moreau will run for England in the marathon.
Latest Sport news
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez wins Thame 10k
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1