OXFORDSHIRE athletes Hannah England, Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas will compete in the Commonwealth Games, it was confirmed this morning.
This trio will represent England at Glasgow 2014 in July after being named in a squad of 129.
England will compete in the ladies’ 1,500m, with fellow Oxford City AC member Douglas contesting the men’s triple jump.
Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the men’s 110m hurdles, hoping to build on a bronze medal in 2010.
Former Oxford University student Ben Moreau will run for England in the marathon.
Latest Sport news
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline
- Head coach Michael Appleton likely to shuffle Oxford United pack for Macclesfield Town clash
- RUGBY UNION: Naming Varsity Match squad has heightened Oxford University's focus, says captain Fergus Taylor