OXFORDSHIRE athletes Hannah England, Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas will compete in the Commonwealth Games, it was confirmed this morning.
This trio will represent England at Glasgow 2014 in July after being named in a squad of 129.
England will compete in the ladies’ 1,500m, with fellow Oxford City AC member Douglas contesting the men’s triple jump.
Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the men’s 110m hurdles, hoping to build on a bronze medal in 2010.
Former Oxford University student Ben Moreau will run for England in the marathon.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20
- ATHLETICS: Abingdon's Paul Fernandez breaks own record to win 44-mile ultra race in Wales
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic