OXFORDSHIRE athletes Hannah England, Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas will compete in the Commonwealth Games, it was confirmed this morning.
This trio will represent England at Glasgow 2014 in July after being named in a squad of 129.
England will compete in the ladies’ 1,500m, with fellow Oxford City AC member Douglas contesting the men’s triple jump.
Clarke, from Christmas Common, goes in the men’s 110m hurdles, hoping to build on a bronze medal in 2010.
Former Oxford University student Ben Moreau will run for England in the marathon.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later