Great and Little Tew’s attack was taken apart by Amersham opener Bruce Friedrichs as they suffered an 87-run home defeat in Division 2 on Saturday.
The South African hammered 130 off 156 balls, with 21 fours and a six as Amersham rattled up 257-6 dec from 58 overs after being inserted.
Matt Woods was the most successful bowler wiith 3-47.
Tew’s hopes of chasing this big target were dashed when they slipped to 19-3, with Harry Smith and Matthew Clark both out for ducks, the latter being run out.
Joe White made 45, while Curtly Slatter raced to 55 off 37 balls with 11 fours.
But once he and Lloyd Brock (41) were dismissed, the innings went into a swift decline.
The hosts were eventually all out for 170 with seven overs to spare, Luke Jackson capturing 3-27.
Sport Latest Sport news
- The derby games are great but it's not my problem, says Michael Appleton on Swindon Town's relegation
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Quickfire Oxford United striker Conor McAleny delighted at Millwall victory
- Oxford United midfielder Josh Ruffels revels in week to remember
- Michael Appleton hails Oxford United's 'outstanding' display in victory over Millwall
- FOOTBALL: Jefferson Louis fires in-form Oxford City to third straight victory
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town and North Leigh enjoy final-day victories, but Banbury United, Wantage Town and Kidlington are beaten
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire hold on to win thriller against Cornwall
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith finishes just outside the points in Austin MotoGP
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 22-23