Great and Little Tew’s attack was taken apart by Amersham opener Bruce Friedrichs as they suffered an 87-run home defeat in Division 2 on Saturday.
The South African hammered 130 off 156 balls, with 21 fours and a six as Amersham rattled up 257-6 dec from 58 overs after being inserted.
Matt Woods was the most successful bowler wiith 3-47.
Tew’s hopes of chasing this big target were dashed when they slipped to 19-3, with Harry Smith and Matthew Clark both out for ducks, the latter being run out.
Joe White made 45, while Curtly Slatter raced to 55 off 37 balls with 11 fours.
But once he and Lloyd Brock (41) were dismissed, the innings went into a swift decline.
The hosts were eventually all out for 170 with seven overs to spare, Luke Jackson capturing 3-27.
Sport Latest Sport news
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta
- ICE HOCKEY: Elliott End set up to honour Oxford City Stars aces
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open