Great and Little Tew’s attack was taken apart by Amersham opener Bruce Friedrichs as they suffered an 87-run home defeat in Division 2 on Saturday.
The South African hammered 130 off 156 balls, with 21 fours and a six as Amersham rattled up 257-6 dec from 58 overs after being inserted.
Matt Woods was the most successful bowler wiith 3-47.
Tew’s hopes of chasing this big target were dashed when they slipped to 19-3, with Harry Smith and Matthew Clark both out for ducks, the latter being run out.
Joe White made 45, while Curtly Slatter raced to 55 off 37 balls with 11 fours.
But once he and Lloyd Brock (41) were dismissed, the innings went into a swift decline.
The hosts were eventually all out for 170 with seven overs to spare, Luke Jackson capturing 3-27.
Sport Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire