Great and Little Tew’s attack was taken apart by Amersham opener Bruce Friedrichs as they suffered an 87-run home defeat in Division 2 on Saturday.
The South African hammered 130 off 156 balls, with 21 fours and a six as Amersham rattled up 257-6 dec from 58 overs after being inserted.
Matt Woods was the most successful bowler wiith 3-47.
Tew’s hopes of chasing this big target were dashed when they slipped to 19-3, with Harry Smith and Matthew Clark both out for ducks, the latter being run out.
Joe White made 45, while Curtly Slatter raced to 55 off 37 balls with 11 fours.
But once he and Lloyd Brock (41) were dismissed, the innings went into a swift decline.
The hosts were eventually all out for 170 with seven overs to spare, Luke Jackson capturing 3-27.
Sport Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton