Great and Little Tew’s attack was taken apart by Amersham opener Bruce Friedrichs as they suffered an 87-run home defeat in Division 2 on Saturday.
The South African hammered 130 off 156 balls, with 21 fours and a six as Amersham rattled up 257-6 dec from 58 overs after being inserted.
Matt Woods was the most successful bowler wiith 3-47.
Tew’s hopes of chasing this big target were dashed when they slipped to 19-3, with Harry Smith and Matthew Clark both out for ducks, the latter being run out.
Joe White made 45, while Curtly Slatter raced to 55 off 37 balls with 11 fours.
But once he and Lloyd Brock (41) were dismissed, the innings went into a swift decline.
The hosts were eventually all out for 170 with seven overs to spare, Luke Jackson capturing 3-27.
Sport Latest Sport news
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline
- Head coach Michael Appleton likely to shuffle Oxford United pack for Macclesfield Town clash
- RUGBY UNION: Naming Varsity Match squad has heightened Oxford University's focus, says captain Fergus Taylor
- GOLF: Triple bogey destroys Eddie Pepperell's chances of making the halfway cut