OXFORDSHIRE’S Bradley Smith is confident he can enjoy another successful weekend at the Catalunya MotoGP after posting the quickest time in the final free practice session at the Barcelona circuit.
Monster Yamaha Tech3 racer Smith, from Forest Hill, moved from 12th to the top of the timesheet with a lap of 1 min 42.123secs.
He edged ahead of championship leader Marc Marquez by 0.151 seconds as track temperatures reached more than 50 degrees Centigrade.
“To finish in first in FP2 is certainly great,” the 23-year-old said.
“I am pleased as we undertook some key work in Mugello and the results are shining through here as well.
“The setting is very positive with the bike, although I wasn’t able to show it last time unfortunately. The main thing we looked at today was the front contact, the turning of the bike as well as front tyre choices.
“Overall, I feel confident and happier. I enjoy Barc-elona as I run strongly here.”
Smith, who is tenth in the riders’ standings, added: “It has been a tricky few races, but we have always worked hard and now I aim to keep this positive momentum for this weekend and the next few MotoGP races and continue to try my best.”
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve