OXFORDSHIRE’S Bradley Smith is confident he can enjoy another successful weekend at the Catalunya MotoGP after posting the quickest time in the final free practice session at the Barcelona circuit.
Monster Yamaha Tech3 racer Smith, from Forest Hill, moved from 12th to the top of the timesheet with a lap of 1 min 42.123secs.
He edged ahead of championship leader Marc Marquez by 0.151 seconds as track temperatures reached more than 50 degrees Centigrade.
“To finish in first in FP2 is certainly great,” the 23-year-old said.
“I am pleased as we undertook some key work in Mugello and the results are shining through here as well.
“The setting is very positive with the bike, although I wasn’t able to show it last time unfortunately. The main thing we looked at today was the front contact, the turning of the bike as well as front tyre choices.
“Overall, I feel confident and happier. I enjoy Barc-elona as I run strongly here.”
Smith, who is tenth in the riders’ standings, added: “It has been a tricky few races, but we have always worked hard and now I aim to keep this positive momentum for this weekend and the next few MotoGP races and continue to try my best.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United agree loan for £2.4m striker Toni Martinez from West Ham
- Oxford United pass pitch inspection ahead of Checkatrade Trophy tie with Bradford City
- WATCH: Oxford United loan signing spectacularly scoring for West Ham in Checkatrade Trophy
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Michael Appleton delighted at four-midable Oxford United display
- Rob Hall owes me one, jokes Marvin Johnson after Oxford United win at Rochdale
- Ryan Ledson overjoyed at breaking his duck in Oxford United victory
- CRICKET: Ian Hawtin appointed chairman of selectors for Oxfordshire
- FOOTBALL: Conor McDonagh’s double shoots Banbury United into play-off spots
- FOOTBALL: Depleted North Leigh battle hard for a draw at Evesham