OXFORDSHIRE’S Bradley Smith is confident he can enjoy another successful weekend at the Catalunya MotoGP after posting the quickest time in the final free practice session at the Barcelona circuit.
Monster Yamaha Tech3 racer Smith, from Forest Hill, moved from 12th to the top of the timesheet with a lap of 1 min 42.123secs.
He edged ahead of championship leader Marc Marquez by 0.151 seconds as track temperatures reached more than 50 degrees Centigrade.
“To finish in first in FP2 is certainly great,” the 23-year-old said.
“I am pleased as we undertook some key work in Mugello and the results are shining through here as well.
“The setting is very positive with the bike, although I wasn’t able to show it last time unfortunately. The main thing we looked at today was the front contact, the turning of the bike as well as front tyre choices.
“Overall, I feel confident and happier. I enjoy Barc-elona as I run strongly here.”
Smith, who is tenth in the riders’ standings, added: “It has been a tricky few races, but we have always worked hard and now I aim to keep this positive momentum for this weekend and the next few MotoGP races and continue to try my best.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Role model Demi Lambourne can inspire youthful Oxford United, says boss Les Taylor
- ICE HOCKEY: Buoyant Oxford City Stars bidding to build on first victory