A TRIO of Oxford Tri athletes returned with gold medals from the Aquathon European Championships in Germany.
Rachel Bell, Janette Cardy and Jane Bell all won their respective age groups at the event, held in Cologne.
Rachel Bell triumphed in the 30-34 age category, with Cardy taking first place in the 40-44 event and Jane Bell winning the 55-59 competition.
Rachel finished almost two minutes ahead of fellow Brit Anna Price in a time of 42mins 55secs.
Jane triumphed in a time of 41.07.
However, Cardy’s success was the most poignant, coming three years after she had a stroke.
The Witney resident completed the 1km open water swim and the 5km run in 38.28 to hold off fellow Brit Judy Prior by ten seconds.
Cardy is now targeting success in the World Championships in Edmonton, Canada in August.
“I feel very motivated and I am training harder than ever,” Cardy said.
“I love it and feel grateful to be given a second chance.”
- Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC
- FOOTBALL: Lusitanos hit nine to go top of Oxford City FA