A TRIO of Oxford Tri athletes returned with gold medals from the Aquathon European Championships in Germany.
Rachel Bell, Janette Cardy and Jane Bell all won their respective age groups at the event, held in Cologne.
Rachel Bell triumphed in the 30-34 age category, with Cardy taking first place in the 40-44 event and Jane Bell winning the 55-59 competition.
Rachel finished almost two minutes ahead of fellow Brit Anna Price in a time of 42mins 55secs.
Jane triumphed in a time of 41.07.
However, Cardy’s success was the most poignant, coming three years after she had a stroke.
The Witney resident completed the 1km open water swim and the 5km run in 38.28 to hold off fellow Brit Judy Prior by ten seconds.
Cardy is now targeting success in the World Championships in Edmonton, Canada in August.
“I feel very motivated and I am training harder than ever,” Cardy said.
“I love it and feel grateful to be given a second chance.”
- Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory