A TRIO of Oxford Tri athletes returned with gold medals from the Aquathon European Championships in Germany.
Rachel Bell, Janette Cardy and Jane Bell all won their respective age groups at the event, held in Cologne.
Rachel Bell triumphed in the 30-34 age category, with Cardy taking first place in the 40-44 event and Jane Bell winning the 55-59 competition.
Rachel finished almost two minutes ahead of fellow Brit Anna Price in a time of 42mins 55secs.
Jane triumphed in a time of 41.07.
However, Cardy’s success was the most poignant, coming three years after she had a stroke.
The Witney resident completed the 1km open water swim and the 5km run in 38.28 to hold off fellow Brit Judy Prior by ten seconds.
Cardy is now targeting success in the World Championships in Edmonton, Canada in August.
“I feel very motivated and I am training harder than ever,” Cardy said.
“I love it and feel grateful to be given a second chance.”
- Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships