A TRIO of Oxford Tri athletes returned with gold medals from the Aquathon European Championships in Germany.
Rachel Bell, Janette Cardy and Jane Bell all won their respective age groups at the event, held in Cologne.
Rachel Bell triumphed in the 30-34 age category, with Cardy taking first place in the 40-44 event and Jane Bell winning the 55-59 competition.
Rachel finished almost two minutes ahead of fellow Brit Anna Price in a time of 42mins 55secs.
Jane triumphed in a time of 41.07.
However, Cardy’s success was the most poignant, coming three years after she had a stroke.
The Witney resident completed the 1km open water swim and the 5km run in 38.28 to hold off fellow Brit Judy Prior by ten seconds.
Cardy is now targeting success in the World Championships in Edmonton, Canada in August.
“I feel very motivated and I am training harder than ever,” Cardy said.
“I love it and feel grateful to be given a second chance.”
- Latest Sport news
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid
- TABLE TENNIS: Karl Bushell wins Hewitt Cup for 11th time
- BOXING: Berinsfield earn clean sweep in Devon
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Andy Wallace nominated for Motor Sport Hall of Fame
- SWIMMING: Ayanna Fulga stars as City of Oxford impress in Cardiff