A TRIO of Oxford Tri athletes returned with gold medals from the Aquathon European Championships in Germany.
Rachel Bell, Janette Cardy and Jane Bell all won their respective age groups at the event, held in Cologne.
Rachel Bell triumphed in the 30-34 age category, with Cardy taking first place in the 40-44 event and Jane Bell winning the 55-59 competition.
Rachel finished almost two minutes ahead of fellow Brit Anna Price in a time of 42mins 55secs.
Jane triumphed in a time of 41.07.
However, Cardy’s success was the most poignant, coming three years after she had a stroke.
The Witney resident completed the 1km open water swim and the 5km run in 38.28 to hold off fellow Brit Judy Prior by ten seconds.
Cardy is now targeting success in the World Championships in Edmonton, Canada in August.
“I feel very motivated and I am training harder than ever,” Cardy said.
“I love it and feel grateful to be given a second chance.”
- Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton aiming to convince Conor McAleny that Oxford United is best option for next season
- North Leigh eye one more scalp as they face Oxford United in Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- Oxford City Stars request plan from EIHA to deal with potential league restructure
- DARTS: Oxfordshire's promotion ended by heavy defeat
- CRICKET: Blewbury & Wallingford CC quit Cherwell League
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor keep National League 2 South play-off dream alive as Henley Hawks also win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury beat Witney as Oxford Harlequins and Grove lose, but avoid the drop
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United young keeper Lucy Brown praised after defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Bicester triumph after late rally, Gosford All Blacks win but Wallingford are beaten
- GOLF: Burford go top of Oxfordshire Foursomes League