DRENNAN Banbury Gunsmiths made it a 1-2-3 in the practice match ahead of tomorrow’s first round of the Oxford Summer League, making them the team to beat this season.
Thirty anglers took part on the Kennet & Avon Canal at Great Bedwyn in the memorial match for well-known Reading angler Mick Craig.
There were very few big fish showing and it was mainly small roach and perch that dominated the weights.
Matt Herbert drew an end peg and had 10lb 10oz on pole and squatt over groundbait.
Teammate Tom Hobbs was just behind with 10lb, followed by Gary Barclay with 8.6.0.
Beehive AC fished for the Second-to-none Cup at sultry Stable Lake, where many of the fish were more intent on basking than feeding.
Kevin Jeacock took the honours with 158.0.0 of carp caught shallow on pole and maggot.
Shawn Percy returned 74.0.0 of carp on the same tactics, and third was Bob Alder with 53.0.0.
Around 620lb of fish were weighed in by the 14 anglers.
Oakfield: (Wednesday, Red Kite & Swallow Lakes, 17 fished) 1 G Keetley (J&K Tackle) 95.2.8, 2 A Foulkes (Dynamite Oakfield) 83.15.0, 3 R Makins (GOT Baits) 73.5.0.
Oakfield: (Saturday, Red Kite & Swallow Lakes, 22 fished) 1 J Rogers (Frenzee GOT Baits) 116.7.0, 2 S Carter (Dynamite Oakfield) 88.0.8, 3 D Ashby (Banbury Gunsmiths) 85.15.8.
Oakfield: (Sunday, Red Kite Lake, 22 fished) 1 G Thorp (GOT Baits) 104.4.0, 2 R Young (Dynamite Oakfield) 63.13.8, 3 D Simons (Dynamite Oakfield) 44.14.8.
Oxford Summer League: 1st round, K&A Canal, Great Bedwyn. Draw 8am, fishing 10-3.
FTB Oxford Carp League: 4th round, Rissington. 11am.
- Marston AC FTB are holding four Wednesday evening matches on the Dead Stream section of their own water on the Cherwell on June 18 and 25 and July 2 and 9. The draw is at 5pm, with fishing from 6-9pm.
More details from Steve Tomkins on 07778 110895.
Marston’s permits are now on sale in tackle shops at £10 for seniors and £5 for juniors and OAPs.
Juniors will also receive a £5 voucher to spend at FTB in Northway if they purchase their permit from the shop. All permits include full membership to the ODAA.
North Oxford AS permits are also available in tackle shops, priced at £20 for seniors and £10 for juniors/OAPs.
Latest Sport news
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow