DRENNAN Banbury Gunsmiths made it a 1-2-3 in the practice match ahead of tomorrow’s first round of the Oxford Summer League, making them the team to beat this season.
Thirty anglers took part on the Kennet & Avon Canal at Great Bedwyn in the memorial match for well-known Reading angler Mick Craig.
There were very few big fish showing and it was mainly small roach and perch that dominated the weights.
Matt Herbert drew an end peg and had 10lb 10oz on pole and squatt over groundbait.
Teammate Tom Hobbs was just behind with 10lb, followed by Gary Barclay with 8.6.0.
Beehive AC fished for the Second-to-none Cup at sultry Stable Lake, where many of the fish were more intent on basking than feeding.
Kevin Jeacock took the honours with 158.0.0 of carp caught shallow on pole and maggot.
Shawn Percy returned 74.0.0 of carp on the same tactics, and third was Bob Alder with 53.0.0.
Around 620lb of fish were weighed in by the 14 anglers.
Oakfield: (Wednesday, Red Kite & Swallow Lakes, 17 fished) 1 G Keetley (J&K Tackle) 95.2.8, 2 A Foulkes (Dynamite Oakfield) 83.15.0, 3 R Makins (GOT Baits) 73.5.0.
Oakfield: (Saturday, Red Kite & Swallow Lakes, 22 fished) 1 J Rogers (Frenzee GOT Baits) 116.7.0, 2 S Carter (Dynamite Oakfield) 88.0.8, 3 D Ashby (Banbury Gunsmiths) 85.15.8.
Oakfield: (Sunday, Red Kite Lake, 22 fished) 1 G Thorp (GOT Baits) 104.4.0, 2 R Young (Dynamite Oakfield) 63.13.8, 3 D Simons (Dynamite Oakfield) 44.14.8.
Oxford Summer League: 1st round, K&A Canal, Great Bedwyn. Draw 8am, fishing 10-3.
FTB Oxford Carp League: 4th round, Rissington. 11am.
- Marston AC FTB are holding four Wednesday evening matches on the Dead Stream section of their own water on the Cherwell on June 18 and 25 and July 2 and 9. The draw is at 5pm, with fishing from 6-9pm.
More details from Steve Tomkins on 07778 110895.
Marston’s permits are now on sale in tackle shops at £10 for seniors and £5 for juniors and OAPs.
Juniors will also receive a £5 voucher to spend at FTB in Northway if they purchase their permit from the shop. All permits include full membership to the ODAA.
North Oxford AS permits are also available in tackle shops, priced at £20 for seniors and £10 for juniors/OAPs.
Latest Sport news
- Jordan Evans stays on at Oxford United to give support in final test
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out