A SUPERB effort from City of Oxford saw them take the top visiting club trophy at the Cardiff International Open Meet.
Ewan Springett led the way with three gold and two silver medals as City saw off the challenge of 66 rival clubs.
Springett triumphed in the 100m butterfly, 100m and 400m freestyle and took silvers in the 100m freestyle and 200m individual medley.
In the girls 200m breaststroke, 14-year-old Emily Wood took gold and broke her own Oxfordshire & North Bucks junior county record in 2mins 37.38secs.
Wood continued her excellent form with silvers in the 100m breaststroke and 200m individual medley.
City’s other gold medallists were Joe Canlan-Shaw (200m and 100m backstroke), David Murphy (400m individual medley), Alex Murphy (50m breaststroke), Fabian Whitbread (200m breaststroke) and Natasha Fenton (200m breaststroke).
In the youngest age category, Lara Mills won two golds in the 200m backstroke and 200m freestyle events and qualified fastest for the 100m freestyle.
However, the nine-year-old had to withdraw from the final to dash to Hillingdon, London to compete for City of Oxford A in the first round of the Milton Keynes and District Junior League Division 1.
Mills helped the A team to finish in third place, while their B team, promoted to Division 1 for the first time, finished sixth.
CITY OF OXFORD Medallists
Nine-year-olds – 200m backstroke: 1 L Mills 3.12.66. 200m freestyle: 1 L Mills 2.57.45.
10/11-year-olds – 100m breaststroke: 1 N Fenton 1.22.74. 100m backstroke: 2 D Little 1.14.26. 400m individual medley: 2 N Fenton 5.55.74.
14/15 year-year-olds – 100m breaststroke: 2 E Wood 1.15.04. 200m backstroke: 2 A Sharp 2.24.27. 3 E Millington 2.25.50. 200m freestyle: 3 E Nisbet 2.13.19. 100m freestyle: 1 S Motha 59.95, 3 E Millington 1.01.15. 200m breaststroke: 1 E Wood 2.37.38. 200m butterfly: 3 E Nisbet 2.24.45. 200m individual medley: 2 E Wood 2.26.89.
16 & over – 400m individual medley: 2 E Oliver 5.06.49.
OPEN 50m butterfly: 3 E Millington 29.41. 50m backstroke: 2 S Motha 31.36, 3. E Oliver 31.73.
13/14-year-olds – 100m butterfly: 1 E Springett 1.03.24. 200m freestyle: 1 E Springett 2.02.36. 100m freestyle: 2 E Springett 56.36. 200m individual medley: 2 E Springett 2.25.74. 400m freestyle: 1 E Springett 4.24.45, 3 C Wood 4.34.28. 400m individual medley: 3 J Oliver 5.18.72.
15/16-year-olds – 200m breaststroke: 3 D Murphy 2.27.63. 100m breaststroke: 2 D Murphy 1.06.07. 200m individual medley: 2 D Murphy 2.13.94. 400m individual medley: 1 D Murphy 4.45.62.
17 & over – 200m breaststroke: 1 F Whitbread 2.20.57. 100m backstroke: 1 J Canlan-Shaw 57.11. 100m breaststroke: 2 A Murphy 1.04.05. 200m backstroke: 1 J Canlan-Shaw 2.03.65. 400m individual medley: 2 F Whitbread 4.34.30.
50m butterfly: 2 A Murphy 25.66. 50m breaststroke: 1 A Murphy 29.49.
Latest Sport news
- Toni Martinez excited by prospect of making Oxford United debut in FA Cup clash with Newcastle United
- Silence from Firoz Kassam as stadium talks continue
- Ryan Taylor: Wembley impossible to ignore for Oxford United in Checkatrade Trophy quarter-final
- DARTS: Oxfordshire close in on promotion race with big win over Gwent
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks are held to draw after Kyle Barnes's brace gives them flying start
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson out as Banbury United take on play-off rivals Chesham United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor return to the top of National League 2 South as Basil Strang stars in Redingensians win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury unbeaten run ends in Newbury defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Victory sees Bicester go top of Southern Counties North, but Gosford All Blacks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore and Wheatley claim derby spoils + VIDEO