Oxfordshire 50+ suffered their first Group 4 defeat after two wins this season in the ECB 50+ County Championship when they went down by one run in a pulsating finish against Warwickshire 50+ at Kenilworth.
Having bowled and fielded superbly to restrict their hosts to 171-6 from their 45 overs, Alex Cunningham taking 3-30 and Ian Curtis 2-26, Oxon reached the last over needing seven to win with wickets in hand.
When Steve Roberts hit the first ball for four, victory seemed assured.
But two wickets fell, including Cunningham for a top score of 59, as Oxon finished agonisingly short of their target.
Scores: Warwickshire 50+ 171-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 3-30), Oxfordshire 50+ 170-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 59, P Tew, 38, S Roberts 30).
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic
- Young Oxford United squad need me to be an assertive leader – Michael Appleton
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- BOXING: Ex-world champion Steve Collins sees Oxford fighters star
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal