Oxfordshire 50+ suffered their first Group 4 defeat after two wins this season in the ECB 50+ County Championship when they went down by one run in a pulsating finish against Warwickshire 50+ at Kenilworth.
Having bowled and fielded superbly to restrict their hosts to 171-6 from their 45 overs, Alex Cunningham taking 3-30 and Ian Curtis 2-26, Oxon reached the last over needing seven to win with wickets in hand.
When Steve Roberts hit the first ball for four, victory seemed assured.
But two wickets fell, including Cunningham for a top score of 59, as Oxon finished agonisingly short of their target.
Scores: Warwickshire 50+ 171-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 3-30), Oxfordshire 50+ 170-6 (45 ovs, A Cunningham 59, P Tew, 38, S Roberts 30).
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC
- FOOTBALL: Lusitanos hit nine to go top of Oxford City FA
- FOOTBALL: Northway edge past Cropredy in Presidents Cup extra-time thriller