London Welsh have made it 14 signings in four days after announcing that James Sandford, Cameron Goodhue, Paul Rowley and Jesse Liston will join.
The quartet join on the same day as the club’s 2014/15 season tickets went on sale on the back of their return to the Aviva Premiership.
London Welsh head coach Justin Burnell said: “Cameron has Super 15s experience, Jesse has just returned from England Counties duty in Georgia, Paul impressed against us last season for Plymouth Albion in the Championship and James is also very experienced and has a tremendous attitude - I very impressed when meeting him.”
Sanford, 25, joins Welsh from Cornish Pirates having previously played for London Irish, Ulster and Rotherham Titans.
Selected for Ireland at Under 20s and 18s, Sanford competed in two Six Nations championships and two World Cups with Ireland Under 20s. In 2009 he was named Ireland’s Young Player of the Year.
New Zealand-born back row forward Goodhue, 27, makes the switch to Welsh from Worcester Warriors after one season at Sixways.
He featured in the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Premiership Rugby 7s Series before making his full senior debut for the Warriors against Newcastle Falcons in the Premiership.
Goodhue was previously part of the Auckland Blues set-up, making his Blues debut in Christchurch in 2012 against the Crusaders, and also featured for Northland.
Scrum half Rowley, 26, played a starring role in Plymouth’s Albion 36-15 victory over Welsh at Brickfields in February.
Back row forward Liston, 20, joins London Welsh from National League One side Blackheath, for whom he made 27 appearances in National League One last season, scoring four tries.
He was last month named in the England Counties 26-strong squad for the two-match tour of Georgia in June, having been part of the England Counties Under 20s trip to Georgia in 2013.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford's record run over as Cambridge edge thriller
- LIVE UPDATES: The Varsity Matches
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University beat Cambridge University in Women's Varsity Match
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford University fly half Basil Strang gets his kicks by playing at Twickenham
- Oxford United drawn at home to Scunthorpe United in Checkatrade Trophy
- VARSITY MATCH: Pressure is still on us, admits Oxford University winger Tom Stileman
- VARSITY MATCH: Catherine Wilcock backing Oxford University Women to step up
- RUGBY UNION: Dark Blues skipper Fergus Taylor out for more Varsity Match joy