Darrell Bellinger powered to a dominant victory in round two of the Mota-Vation Series at Bletchingdon.
The Oxford City athlete improved on his third place in round one to take victory by almost 30 seconds.
But it was same again in the ladies’ competition, with Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) a comfortable winner.
Bellinger completed the undulating 4.26-mile course in 21mins 51secs to finish ahead of Woodstock Harriers’ James Bolton (22.18).
Abingdon’s Paul Fernandez was third in 22.34, ahead of City pair Aaron Burgess (22.53) and Julian Richardson (22.58).
Defending champion and round one winner David Bruce (Highgate Harriers) missed the race due to illness, so the Oxford-based runner needs to compete in all the remaining rounds to retain his crown.
Moore has won every race she has entered this year and showed no sign of letting that run end.
She clocked 24.57 to finish 23rd overall, with Belgrave Harriers’ Sophie Carter, from Woodstock, the second lady home in 25.49.
Alchester’s Michelle Pank (26.06) took third ahead of Abingdon’s Fiona Bunn (26.09) and Headington’s Jess Bruce (26.45).
Bolton’s consolation was his second successive vet 40 men’s win, while Cherwell’s Ian Thomas (25.12) took the vet 50 honours.
Woodstock’s Bryan Vaughan (26.34) made it two vet 60 wins in a row.
Moore added the vet 35 ladies’ spoils, with Headington’s Anita James (31.40) and Cherwell’s Kim Shaw (32.36) the vet 45 and 55 winners.
Latest Sport news
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships
- Details announced for Oxford United's EFL Cup tie at Birmingham City
- CRICKET: Shaun Cross takes four as Shipton cruise into last 16 of Davidstow Village Cup
- ATHLETICS: Clarke books ticket to Rio Olympics and vows best is yet to come
- ATHLETICS: Douglas claims British triple jump title, but yet to seal place to Rio
- WEEKEND RESULTS June 25 & 26
- CRICKET: Samad Fallah takes seven as Oxford rout Gerrards Cross
- ATHLETICS: Ennis delighted to reach 200m final
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas