Darrell Bellinger powered to a dominant victory in round two of the Mota-Vation Series at Bletchingdon.
The Oxford City athlete improved on his third place in round one to take victory by almost 30 seconds.
But it was same again in the ladies’ competition, with Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) a comfortable winner.
Bellinger completed the undulating 4.26-mile course in 21mins 51secs to finish ahead of Woodstock Harriers’ James Bolton (22.18).
Abingdon’s Paul Fernandez was third in 22.34, ahead of City pair Aaron Burgess (22.53) and Julian Richardson (22.58).
Defending champion and round one winner David Bruce (Highgate Harriers) missed the race due to illness, so the Oxford-based runner needs to compete in all the remaining rounds to retain his crown.
Moore has won every race she has entered this year and showed no sign of letting that run end.
She clocked 24.57 to finish 23rd overall, with Belgrave Harriers’ Sophie Carter, from Woodstock, the second lady home in 25.49.
Alchester’s Michelle Pank (26.06) took third ahead of Abingdon’s Fiona Bunn (26.09) and Headington’s Jess Bruce (26.45).
Bolton’s consolation was his second successive vet 40 men’s win, while Cherwell’s Ian Thomas (25.12) took the vet 50 honours.
Woodstock’s Bryan Vaughan (26.34) made it two vet 60 wins in a row.
Moore added the vet 35 ladies’ spoils, with Headington’s Anita James (31.40) and Cherwell’s Kim Shaw (32.36) the vet 45 and 55 winners.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom