Darrell Bellinger powered to a dominant victory in round two of the Mota-Vation Series at Bletchingdon.
The Oxford City athlete improved on his third place in round one to take victory by almost 30 seconds.
But it was same again in the ladies’ competition, with Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) a comfortable winner.
Bellinger completed the undulating 4.26-mile course in 21mins 51secs to finish ahead of Woodstock Harriers’ James Bolton (22.18).
Abingdon’s Paul Fernandez was third in 22.34, ahead of City pair Aaron Burgess (22.53) and Julian Richardson (22.58).
Defending champion and round one winner David Bruce (Highgate Harriers) missed the race due to illness, so the Oxford-based runner needs to compete in all the remaining rounds to retain his crown.
Moore has won every race she has entered this year and showed no sign of letting that run end.
She clocked 24.57 to finish 23rd overall, with Belgrave Harriers’ Sophie Carter, from Woodstock, the second lady home in 25.49.
Alchester’s Michelle Pank (26.06) took third ahead of Abingdon’s Fiona Bunn (26.09) and Headington’s Jess Bruce (26.45).
Bolton’s consolation was his second successive vet 40 men’s win, while Cherwell’s Ian Thomas (25.12) took the vet 50 honours.
Woodstock’s Bryan Vaughan (26.34) made it two vet 60 wins in a row.
Moore added the vet 35 ladies’ spoils, with Headington’s Anita James (31.40) and Cherwell’s Kim Shaw (32.36) the vet 45 and 55 winners.
Latest Sport news
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red
- Oxford United 5 (Johnson 11, Rothwell 35, McAleny 39, 49 & 90+5), Bury 1 (Vaughan 58)