Darrell Bellinger powered to a dominant victory in round two of the Mota-Vation Series at Bletchingdon.
The Oxford City athlete improved on his third place in round one to take victory by almost 30 seconds.
But it was same again in the ladies’ competition, with Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) a comfortable winner.
Bellinger completed the undulating 4.26-mile course in 21mins 51secs to finish ahead of Woodstock Harriers’ James Bolton (22.18).
Abingdon’s Paul Fernandez was third in 22.34, ahead of City pair Aaron Burgess (22.53) and Julian Richardson (22.58).
Defending champion and round one winner David Bruce (Highgate Harriers) missed the race due to illness, so the Oxford-based runner needs to compete in all the remaining rounds to retain his crown.
Moore has won every race she has entered this year and showed no sign of letting that run end.
She clocked 24.57 to finish 23rd overall, with Belgrave Harriers’ Sophie Carter, from Woodstock, the second lady home in 25.49.
Alchester’s Michelle Pank (26.06) took third ahead of Abingdon’s Fiona Bunn (26.09) and Headington’s Jess Bruce (26.45).
Bolton’s consolation was his second successive vet 40 men’s win, while Cherwell’s Ian Thomas (25.12) took the vet 50 honours.
Woodstock’s Bryan Vaughan (26.34) made it two vet 60 wins in a row.
Moore added the vet 35 ladies’ spoils, with Headington’s Anita James (31.40) and Cherwell’s Kim Shaw (32.36) the vet 45 and 55 winners.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities