Darrell Bellinger powered to a dominant victory in round two of the Mota-Vation Series at Bletchingdon.
The Oxford City athlete improved on his third place in round one to take victory by almost 30 seconds.
But it was same again in the ladies’ competition, with Diane Moore (Headington Road Runners) a comfortable winner.
Bellinger completed the undulating 4.26-mile course in 21mins 51secs to finish ahead of Woodstock Harriers’ James Bolton (22.18).
Abingdon’s Paul Fernandez was third in 22.34, ahead of City pair Aaron Burgess (22.53) and Julian Richardson (22.58).
Defending champion and round one winner David Bruce (Highgate Harriers) missed the race due to illness, so the Oxford-based runner needs to compete in all the remaining rounds to retain his crown.
Moore has won every race she has entered this year and showed no sign of letting that run end.
She clocked 24.57 to finish 23rd overall, with Belgrave Harriers’ Sophie Carter, from Woodstock, the second lady home in 25.49.
Alchester’s Michelle Pank (26.06) took third ahead of Abingdon’s Fiona Bunn (26.09) and Headington’s Jess Bruce (26.45).
Bolton’s consolation was his second successive vet 40 men’s win, while Cherwell’s Ian Thomas (25.12) took the vet 50 honours.
Woodstock’s Bryan Vaughan (26.34) made it two vet 60 wins in a row.
Moore added the vet 35 ladies’ spoils, with Headington’s Anita James (31.40) and Cherwell’s Kim Shaw (32.36) the vet 45 and 55 winners.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United upbeat about Rob Hall's hamstring injury
- Oxford United fans' chat
- 'We were not ruthless enough', says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton, 'but it's difficult to say that after a 4-0 win'
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places
- HOCKEY: Oxford’s Trophy hopes ended in dramatic penalty shoot-out
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson’s late goal earns Banbury United victory
- FOOTBALL: Debutant Ezra Forde saves Oxford City with last-gasp goal
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh draw, but Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer defeats