Matt French, from Oakley, near Thame, can’t wait for the Commonwealth Games after England’s clay target shooting team was confirmed for Glasgow 2014.
French, 32, is in a squad of 11, which brings the shooting team’s total up to 25, and includes Didcot’s Dan Rivers and BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year Amber Hill.
He said: “I am over the moon to be representing England at the Games.
“This is the high point in my shooting career so far and a dream come true.
“If I never fire another shot after the Games I can retire a happy man knowing I have achieved something very special.
“My minimum aim is to make the top-six final, but realistically I won’t be happy if I don’t return with a medal.”
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton