Matt French, from Oakley, near Thame, can’t wait for the Commonwealth Games after England’s clay target shooting team was confirmed for Glasgow 2014.
French, 32, is in a squad of 11, which brings the shooting team’s total up to 25, and includes Didcot’s Dan Rivers and BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year Amber Hill.
He said: “I am over the moon to be representing England at the Games.
“This is the high point in my shooting career so far and a dream come true.
“If I never fire another shot after the Games I can retire a happy man knowing I have achieved something very special.
“My minimum aim is to make the top-six final, but realistically I won’t be happy if I don’t return with a medal.”
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list