Matt French, from Oakley, near Thame, can’t wait for the Commonwealth Games after England’s clay target shooting team was confirmed for Glasgow 2014.
French, 32, is in a squad of 11, which brings the shooting team’s total up to 25, and includes Didcot’s Dan Rivers and BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year Amber Hill.
He said: “I am over the moon to be representing England at the Games.
“This is the high point in my shooting career so far and a dream come true.
“If I never fire another shot after the Games I can retire a happy man knowing I have achieved something very special.
“My minimum aim is to make the top-six final, but realistically I won’t be happy if I don’t return with a medal.”
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Ali leads Oracle F to Oxford League title
- SWIMMING: Bicester Blue Fins prove cut above to seal fine success
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash