Stuart Newstead re-tained the North Ox-ford men’s club championship, but only after a play-off with his fellow eight-handicapper John Nicholson.
For the first time in living memory, the championship was decided over 18 holes, after Saturday's play had been washed out by torrential overnight and morning rain.
Newstead, 55, who won the crown for the first time last year, and Nicholson both shot rounds of 72 – two clear of the field.
In the play-off, Newstead won the first hole with a par to claim his second crown.
The same two players also tied for the nett prize with 64s. There was consolation for Nicholson, who collected the President’s Putter on countback.
A tilt at golfing glory awaits amateur Dan Minns and his Waterstock PGA professional Paul Bryant as they bid to reach the Lombard Trophy grand final being staged at Gleneagles – just three weeks before Europe and America meet in the Ryder Cup.
Minns teed up a chance to tread the fairways of the King’s Course at the famous Scottish resort between September 3-4 when he won his club qualifying competition with a nett score of 71.
The inaugural Harry's Cup at Waterstock raised £450 for the Special Care Baby Unit at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital.
The event was staged by Steven and Faye Rose, whose son Harry, now two, spent three months at the unit after being prematurely born in 2012.
Jason Morris won the event, which attracted 25 golfers.
Men’s Club Championship – Scratch Prize (18 holes): 1 S Newstead 72 (won after play-off), 2 J Nicholson 72, 3 M Tippett 74.
President’s Putter (18 holes nett): 1 J Nicholson 72-8=64 (cb), 2 S Newstead 72-8=64, 3 A Bennett 78-12=66.
June Medal – Div 1: 1 J East 73-6= 67 (cb), 2 M Tippett 71-4= 67 (cb), 3 D Titcombe 73-6=67 (cb). Div 2: 1 A Bennett 76-13=63, 2 J Mazey 78-13=65, 3 F Ridler 80-13=67. Div 3: 1 A Melhuish 90-21=69 (cb), 2 T Reynolds 86-17=69, 3 C Bowen 96-25=71.
Midweek Stableford: 1 M Bodle 39pts, 2 M Andrews 38 (cb), 3 B Watson 38.
John Pocock Trophy (over 55s): 1 J Nason 34pts, 2 F Ridler 33 (cb), 3 B Locke 33.
Peter White Cup (captains trophy): 1 A Wood 33pts, 2 R Sillence 31.
Ladies Stableford No 6 – Div 1: 1 I Dachtler 34 pts, 2 A Coyle 31. Div 2: 1 H Hagger 33, 2 B Jenson 29. Div 3: 1 J Bass 29, 2 L Watkins 27. Greta Every Plate: 1 I Dachtler, 2 H Hagger 33.
93 pts (cb), 2 S Tabor, J Miles, M Keen, B Felix 93, 3 M Paddick, M Potter, P Clinton, D Paddick 92. Nearest the pins: 4th A Lovegrove, 8th F Brennan, 17th J Clark. Sunday: 1 A Lovegrove, I Lovegrove, I Curtis, D White 88, 2 I Barber, C McMahon, C Disley, A Fowler 87, 3 M Paddick, M Potter, P Clinton, D Paddick. Nearest the pins: 4th C Brandram, 8th D Chappelle, 17th J Stephens. Ladies team: 1 J Glover, S Sadler, H Pennick, D Chappelle 81pts.
June Stableford Div 1: 1 T Croad 37pts, 2 J Bowler 36 (cb), 3 S Byrne 36. Div 2: 1 J McCarthy 41, 2 J Vaughan 36, 3 I McGlade 35.
June Medal (sponsored by Aston and James) – Div 1: B James 80-11= 69, 2 T Edmunds 77-7=70, 3 M Tyler 79-8=71. Div 2: 1 D Holliday 94-22=72, 2 M Twyman 89-16=73, 3 M Steward 90-16=74.
Latest Sport news
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Joe Rothwell bidding to shine for Oxford United in final Wembley audition
- Danny Higginbotham thrilled to see fellow Manchester United player Michael Appleton thrive as Oxford United head coach
- Oxford United to play it safe as John Lundstram must prove his fitness
- Josh Ruffels aims to grab big chance at Oxford United in Ryan Ledson's absence
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- MOTORSPORT: Oxfordshire's Formula 1 teams endure mixed results in Melbourne practice
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City boss Mark Jones makes three new signings