London Welsh have signed former England fly half Olly Barkley for the 2014/15 Aviva Premiership season.
Commenting on joining London Welsh, Barkley said: “I’m really looking forward to being part of what looks to be a great coaching team and a talented group of players for London Welsh’s return back to where they should be in the Aviva Premiership.
“There looks to be a spirit amongst the group that I can’t wait to be involved with and I’m looking forward to getting stuck in to the challenge of the Premiership with them all, and helping the club further establish itself at the Kassam Stadium and in Oxford.”
Capped 23 times by England, Barkley, 32, arrives at Welsh after a four-month spell with the Scarlets, for whom he made eight appearances after joining from French Top 14 club Grenoble in February.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United fans' chat