London Welsh have signed former England fly half Olly Barkley for the 2014/15 Aviva Premiership season.
Commenting on joining London Welsh, Barkley said: “I’m really looking forward to being part of what looks to be a great coaching team and a talented group of players for London Welsh’s return back to where they should be in the Aviva Premiership.
“There looks to be a spirit amongst the group that I can’t wait to be involved with and I’m looking forward to getting stuck in to the challenge of the Premiership with them all, and helping the club further establish itself at the Kassam Stadium and in Oxford.”
Capped 23 times by England, Barkley, 32, arrives at Welsh after a four-month spell with the Scarlets, for whom he made eight appearances after joining from French Top 14 club Grenoble in February.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise