London Welsh have signed former England fly half Olly Barkley for the 2014/15 Aviva Premiership season.
Commenting on joining London Welsh, Barkley said: “I’m really looking forward to being part of what looks to be a great coaching team and a talented group of players for London Welsh’s return back to where they should be in the Aviva Premiership.
“There looks to be a spirit amongst the group that I can’t wait to be involved with and I’m looking forward to getting stuck in to the challenge of the Premiership with them all, and helping the club further establish itself at the Kassam Stadium and in Oxford.”
Capped 23 times by England, Barkley, 32, arrives at Welsh after a four-month spell with the Scarlets, for whom he made eight appearances after joining from French Top 14 club Grenoble in February.
Latest Sport news
- Newcastle United win FA Cup replay to set up fourth round trip to Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City waiting to discover their share of Luke Coulson transfer fee paid by Barnet
- Kate Williamson, 70, stunned to be going head-to-head with Olympic silver medallist in Oxfordshire Sports Awards
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough edge into last four of Fred Ford Cup with shoot-out victory against Aston
- FOOTBALL: Saxton Rovers send North Berks League Division 1 leaders Berinsfield to first defeat
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Brilliant Bleakley hits four as Summertown Eagles surpass Grove’s challenge
- GIRLS' FOOTBALL: Bethany Chapman and Hermione Prescott impress as Headington advance in Under 12 League Cup
- FOOTBALL: Hook Norton earn Oxfordshire Senior Cup tie with Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: Union Street secure comeback win over Oxford City FA leaders Lusitanos Oxford
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers