London Welsh have signed former England fly half Olly Barkley for the 2014/15 Aviva Premiership season.
Commenting on joining London Welsh, Barkley said: “I’m really looking forward to being part of what looks to be a great coaching team and a talented group of players for London Welsh’s return back to where they should be in the Aviva Premiership.
“There looks to be a spirit amongst the group that I can’t wait to be involved with and I’m looking forward to getting stuck in to the challenge of the Premiership with them all, and helping the club further establish itself at the Kassam Stadium and in Oxford.”
Capped 23 times by England, Barkley, 32, arrives at Welsh after a four-month spell with the Scarlets, for whom he made eight appearances after joining from French Top 14 club Grenoble in February.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed