London Welsh have signed former England fly half Olly Barkley for the 2014/15 Aviva Premiership season.
Commenting on joining London Welsh, Barkley said: “I’m really looking forward to being part of what looks to be a great coaching team and a talented group of players for London Welsh’s return back to where they should be in the Aviva Premiership.
“There looks to be a spirit amongst the group that I can’t wait to be involved with and I’m looking forward to getting stuck in to the challenge of the Premiership with them all, and helping the club further establish itself at the Kassam Stadium and in Oxford.”
Capped 23 times by England, Barkley, 32, arrives at Welsh after a four-month spell with the Scarlets, for whom he made eight appearances after joining from French Top 14 club Grenoble in February.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town defender Sam Elkins banned for five games after involvement in pitch invasion against Hereford
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships