OXFORDSHIRE’S Lawrence Clarke went second in this year’s UK 110m hurdles rankings after finishing third at the FBK Games.
The 24-year-old, from Christmas Common, recorded a season’s best time of 13.41secs at yesterday’s IAAF World Challenge meeting in Hengelo, Netherlands.
William Sharman, the UK No 1, took victory in 13.32, with China’s Wenjun Xie second in 13.39.
Oxford City’s Hannah England finished ninth in the women’s 1,500m, also in a season’s best time.
England recorded 4mins 5.27secs in a race won by home athlete Sifan Hassan (4.01.79) ahead of Britain’s Laura Muir (4.02.91).
She tweeted: “Pretty pleased with a SB of 4.05 tonight, hopefully things will continue to get faster :) relieved to get the Euro champs standard too!”
With that performance, England rose to third in the 2014 UK rankings, behind Muir and Laura Weightman (4.02.72).
Meanwhile, England’s Oxford City clubmate Nathan Douglas finished 11th and last in the triple jump at the Mohammed VI d’Athletisme in Marrakech.
Douglas’s only legal leap of 14.96m was well his below his 2014 best of 16.65.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Benji Buchel and Tyler Roberts receive international call-ups
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack