OXFORDSHIRE’S Lawrence Clarke went second in this year’s UK 110m hurdles rankings after finishing third at the FBK Games.
The 24-year-old, from Christmas Common, recorded a season’s best time of 13.41secs at yesterday’s IAAF World Challenge meeting in Hengelo, Netherlands.
William Sharman, the UK No 1, took victory in 13.32, with China’s Wenjun Xie second in 13.39.
Oxford City’s Hannah England finished ninth in the women’s 1,500m, also in a season’s best time.
England recorded 4mins 5.27secs in a race won by home athlete Sifan Hassan (4.01.79) ahead of Britain’s Laura Muir (4.02.91).
She tweeted: “Pretty pleased with a SB of 4.05 tonight, hopefully things will continue to get faster :) relieved to get the Euro champs standard too!”
With that performance, England rose to third in the 2014 UK rankings, behind Muir and Laura Weightman (4.02.72).
Meanwhile, England’s Oxford City clubmate Nathan Douglas finished 11th and last in the triple jump at the Mohammed VI d’Athletisme in Marrakech.
Douglas’s only legal leap of 14.96m was well his below his 2014 best of 16.65.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0