OXFORDSHIRE’S Lawrence Clarke went second in this year’s UK 110m hurdles rankings after finishing third at the FBK Games.
The 24-year-old, from Christmas Common, recorded a season’s best time of 13.41secs at yesterday’s IAAF World Challenge meeting in Hengelo, Netherlands.
William Sharman, the UK No 1, took victory in 13.32, with China’s Wenjun Xie second in 13.39.
Oxford City’s Hannah England finished ninth in the women’s 1,500m, also in a season’s best time.
England recorded 4mins 5.27secs in a race won by home athlete Sifan Hassan (4.01.79) ahead of Britain’s Laura Muir (4.02.91).
She tweeted: “Pretty pleased with a SB of 4.05 tonight, hopefully things will continue to get faster :) relieved to get the Euro champs standard too!”
With that performance, England rose to third in the 2014 UK rankings, behind Muir and Laura Weightman (4.02.72).
Meanwhile, England’s Oxford City clubmate Nathan Douglas finished 11th and last in the triple jump at the Mohammed VI d’Athletisme in Marrakech.
Douglas’s only legal leap of 14.96m was well his below his 2014 best of 16.65.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend hero admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC
- FOOTBALL: Lusitanos hit nine to go top of Oxford City FA
- FOOTBALL: Northway edge past Cropredy in Presidents Cup extra-time thriller
- Southend United 2 (Leonard 13, Wordsworth pen 74), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 45+3)