Great & Little Tew came off second best in their Home Counties Premier League Division 2 top-of-the-table battle away to leaders Reading on Saturday.
In a match reduced to 34 overs per side after morning rain, the hosts triumphed by seven wickets, with eight overs to spare.
Choosing to bat first, Tew were given an excellent start by Joe White and Harry Smith, both of whom were out in the 40s.
At 131-2, they seemed certain to set Reading a stiff target .
But on Smith’s dismissal for 44 off 59 balls, the innings went into rapid decline with six wickets falling for 30 runs.
They finished on 169-8, with Kashif Nasim taking 4-39.
Reading took toll of Tew’s talented opening attack of Matt Woods and Andy Harris.
Led by opener Praful Waghela’s 51 off 33 balls, the hosts knocked off the runs in just 26 overs to extend their lead at the top of the table.
Latest Sport news
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- LIVE -Barnet v Oxford United
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles