Great & Little Tew came off second best in their Home Counties Premier League Division 2 top-of-the-table battle away to leaders Reading on Saturday.
In a match reduced to 34 overs per side after morning rain, the hosts triumphed by seven wickets, with eight overs to spare.
Choosing to bat first, Tew were given an excellent start by Joe White and Harry Smith, both of whom were out in the 40s.
At 131-2, they seemed certain to set Reading a stiff target .
But on Smith’s dismissal for 44 off 59 balls, the innings went into rapid decline with six wickets falling for 30 runs.
They finished on 169-8, with Kashif Nasim taking 4-39.
Reading took toll of Tew’s talented opening attack of Matt Woods and Andy Harris.
Led by opener Praful Waghela’s 51 off 33 balls, the hosts knocked off the runs in just 26 overs to extend their lead at the top of the table.
Latest Sport news
- Striker George Jeacock signs professional contract with Oxford United
- Oxford United supporters' group OxVox say season ticket rise is 'expected and accepted' by most fans
- Oxford United: Season ticket price increase necessary to compete in League One
- ICE HOCKEY: Highly-rated Ben Nethersell on board with Oxford City Stars as duo re-sign
- GOLF: Steady first round from Eddie Pepperell at Wentworth
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell looking forward to Wentworth
- BOWLS: Tidball's last shot earns South Oxford thrilling victory
- TENNIS: Alexis Canter upbeat over fitness ahead of junior French Open bid
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints too strong for Jurassic Coast Raptors
- ATHLETICS: Emma O'Hara stars as Radley are made to battle in Southern League