Great & Little Tew came off second best in their Home Counties Premier League Division 2 top-of-the-table battle away to leaders Reading on Saturday.
In a match reduced to 34 overs per side after morning rain, the hosts triumphed by seven wickets, with eight overs to spare.
Choosing to bat first, Tew were given an excellent start by Joe White and Harry Smith, both of whom were out in the 40s.
At 131-2, they seemed certain to set Reading a stiff target .
But on Smith’s dismissal for 44 off 59 balls, the innings went into rapid decline with six wickets falling for 30 runs.
They finished on 169-8, with Kashif Nasim taking 4-39.
Reading took toll of Tew’s talented opening attack of Matt Woods and Andy Harris.
Led by opener Praful Waghela’s 51 off 33 balls, the hosts knocked off the runs in just 26 overs to extend their lead at the top of the table.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France
- CRICKET: Shipton fall short in run chase
- CRICKET: Banbury tie in thriller, Horspath beat champions and Great Tew suffer in the rain
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 20-21
- CRICKET: Jack Brooks celebrates maiden first-class century
- GOLF:Eddie Pepperell's in the money in Sicily
- ATHLETICS: Hannah England wins in Loughborough
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire 'over the moon' after reaching third Twickenham final
- ICE HOCKEY: Devastated Oxford City Stars forced to quit new league