Great & Little Tew came off second best in their Home Counties Premier League Division 2 top-of-the-table battle away to leaders Reading on Saturday.
In a match reduced to 34 overs per side after morning rain, the hosts triumphed by seven wickets, with eight overs to spare.
Choosing to bat first, Tew were given an excellent start by Joe White and Harry Smith, both of whom were out in the 40s.
At 131-2, they seemed certain to set Reading a stiff target .
But on Smith’s dismissal for 44 off 59 balls, the innings went into rapid decline with six wickets falling for 30 runs.
They finished on 169-8, with Kashif Nasim taking 4-39.
Reading took toll of Tew’s talented opening attack of Matt Woods and Andy Harris.
Led by opener Praful Waghela’s 51 off 33 balls, the hosts knocked off the runs in just 26 overs to extend their lead at the top of the table.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Sheffield United
- RACING: Options open for Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Coneygree's return
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years