Oxfordshire rider Izzy Taylor served emphatic notice of her World Equestrian Games selection credentials by delivering a dazzling dressage performance at the Equi-Trek Brabham International Horse Trials yesterday.
Six days after winning the Tattersalls CCI three-star event in Ireland on Allercombe Ellie, Taylor took charge in Yorkshire.
Taylor, who lives at Aynho near Banbury, and is ranked 17th in the world, posted a score of 28.1 penalties with Orlando, a horse she only took the ride on this time last year.
Latest Sport news
- James Roberts nets in Oxford United's pre-season draw at Bath
- Michael Appleton hopeful of sealing deals for attacking players next week
- ROWING: Constantine Louloudis eyes chance to extend GB's golden record at Rio Olympics
- FOOTBALL: Les Taylor backs Oxford United Women to learn from errors ahead of Everton clash
- BOXING: Bicester star Adi Burden impresses on professional debut with knockout victory
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce's century inspires Oxfordshire Over 60s to victory
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Valtteri Bottas looking forward to Finnish invasion at Hungarian Grand Prix
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Under 14s edged out in thriller
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford clean up at three-day gala
- ICE SKATING: Oxford skaters waltz off with medals at national championships