Zoe Shipperley was unable to prevent England slumping to a third successive defeat as a 4-1 loss to South Africa effectively ended any semi-final hopes.
England went into the tournament ranked as the world’s third-best side, but have now lost to China, United States and South Africa.
England are point-less at the bottom of Group B with Argentina and Germany to play.
Shipperley, who lives at Marsh Gibbon near Bicester, is a teacher at St Edward’s School, Oxford.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise