Zoe Shipperley was unable to prevent England slumping to a third successive defeat as a 4-1 loss to South Africa effectively ended any semi-final hopes.
England went into the tournament ranked as the world’s third-best side, but have now lost to China, United States and South Africa.
England are point-less at the bottom of Group B with Argentina and Germany to play.
Shipperley, who lives at Marsh Gibbon near Bicester, is a teacher at St Edward’s School, Oxford.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United in talks to extend contract of skipper John Lundstram beyond next season
- Oxford United out to sign off on a high against Shrewsbury
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn’s offered Olympic trial despite defeat
- MOTORSPORT: Renault driver Jolyon Palmer is against new safety shield
- BASKETBALL: Oxfordshire trio in junior regional side
- ANGLING: Holder Craig Partridge gets off to flying start
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford driver Matt Chapman facing first two-hour endurance test
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford's David Murphy competes against Olympic champion in British final
- Canice Carroll raring for next season already after breaking into Oxford United's side
- Reaction to Shrewsbury Town defeat defined Oxford United's season – Michael Appleton