Zoe Shipperley was unable to prevent England slumping to a third successive defeat as a 4-1 loss to South Africa effectively ended any semi-final hopes.
England went into the tournament ranked as the world’s third-best side, but have now lost to China, United States and South Africa.
England are point-less at the bottom of Group B with Argentina and Germany to play.
Shipperley, who lives at Marsh Gibbon near Bicester, is a teacher at St Edward’s School, Oxford.
Latest Sport news
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points