Zoe Shipperley was unable to prevent England slumping to a third successive defeat as a 4-1 loss to South Africa effectively ended any semi-final hopes.
England went into the tournament ranked as the world’s third-best side, but have now lost to China, United States and South Africa.
England are point-less at the bottom of Group B with Argentina and Germany to play.
Shipperley, who lives at Marsh Gibbon near Bicester, is a teacher at St Edward’s School, Oxford.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC
- FOOTBALL: Lusitanos hit nine to go top of Oxford City FA
- FOOTBALL: Northway edge past Cropredy in Presidents Cup extra-time thriller