Zoe Shipperley was unable to prevent England slumping to a third successive defeat as a 4-1 loss to South Africa effectively ended any semi-final hopes.
England went into the tournament ranked as the world’s third-best side, but have now lost to China, United States and South Africa.
England are point-less at the bottom of Group B with Argentina and Germany to play.
Shipperley, who lives at Marsh Gibbon near Bicester, is a teacher at St Edward’s School, Oxford.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- CRICKET: Dan White's the man for Hook Norton but rain has final say against Great Horwood