SOUTH EAST REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
CITY of Oxford’s Callum Smart is ranked No 1 in Great Britain following his performance in the regional age group championships at Crawley.
Smart came second in the 13-year-old 200m breastroke, with a time of 2mins 38.37secs.
But Smart is ranked first in Britain for his age group because the winner will turn 14 before the national championships on August 3. In the same race, Smart’s City clubmate Connor Bryan bagged a bronze with a national qualifying time (NQT) of 2.39.03.
This was a second medal for Bryan, who also came third in the 13-year-old 100m race, in a NQT of 1.15.55.
Theo Cooke claimed a fourth breastroke medal for the City boys, with a silver in the 11-year-old 100m event with a time of 1.26.31.
For City’s girls, Delphine Little, 11, took bronzes in the 100m butterfly (1.18.01) and 100m backstroke (1.14.17).
Further success came in the 14-years-and-under 4x100m medley relay where City’s in-form team of Ellie Millington, Maia Little, Emily Nisbet and Olivia Webster won silver in an NQT of 4.34.24.
Abingdon Vale’s Emily Ford excelled with three medals.
The 12-year-old won a silver in the 100m backstroke in a time of 1.10.04.
She also took bronzes in the 100m butterfly (1.10.94) and in the 200m backstroke (2.33.64).
Clubmate Daniel McNamara, 11, shone with bronzes in the 200m freestyle (2.25.15) and the 100m backstroke (1.16.10).
Abingdon’s Lottie James and Max Bolcato took part in their first regional champs achieving long course personal best times.
There were also some fine swims from Oliver Hodgson and Luke Wilby.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oxford suffer heavy defeat in Area Cup
- AUNT SALLY: Former world champion Henry Johnson wins Kidlington title
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United