ABINGDON’S Fiona Bunn won the under 16 girls’ title at the British Championships in Northumberland.
Bunn took victory in 44mins 31secs and led Thames Valley Orienteering Club to the ladies’ short-course team title in 1hr 13mins 19secs.
Fellow Abingdon AC member Bethany Kippin was also part of the team win and finished second in the under 14 girls’ event, clocking 38.59.
Bunn’s younger brother, David, (45.29) came fourth in the under 14 boys’ race.
Latest Sport news
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline
- Head coach Michael Appleton likely to shuffle Oxford United pack for Macclesfield Town clash
- RUGBY UNION: Naming Varsity Match squad has heightened Oxford University's focus, says captain Fergus Taylor
- GOLF: Triple bogey destroys Eddie Pepperell's chances of making the halfway cut