ABINGDON’S Fiona Bunn won the under 16 girls’ title at the British Championships in Northumberland.
Bunn took victory in 44mins 31secs and led Thames Valley Orienteering Club to the ladies’ short-course team title in 1hr 13mins 19secs.
Fellow Abingdon AC member Bethany Kippin was also part of the team win and finished second in the under 14 girls’ event, clocking 38.59.
Bunn’s younger brother, David, (45.29) came fourth in the under 14 boys’ race.
Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United
- ATHLETICS: Lawrence Clarke and Nathan Douglas selected for European Championships