ABINGDON’S Fiona Bunn won the under 16 girls’ title at the British Championships in Northumberland.
Bunn took victory in 44mins 31secs and led Thames Valley Orienteering Club to the ladies’ short-course team title in 1hr 13mins 19secs.
Fellow Abingdon AC member Bethany Kippin was also part of the team win and finished second in the under 14 girls’ event, clocking 38.59.
Bunn’s younger brother, David, (45.29) came fourth in the under 14 boys’ race.
Latest Sport news
- Josh Ruffels signs new contract at Oxford United
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Debutant Evie Gane earns Oxford United a point
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh, Wantage Town and Didcot Town in action
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins climb out of relegation zone with battling victory, while Witney beat local rivals Grove
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Casey Canterbury's hat-trick puts Oxford RL though
- RUGBY UNION: George Jackson’s penalty completes Henley Hawks comeback victory
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford University Greyhounds beat Bicester to reach Oxfordshire Cup final
- RUGBY UNION: Wheatley storm to victory and Littlemore make it fifteen wins in a row
- DARTS: Promotion-chasers Oxfordshire in key battle
- MOTORSPORT: Williams driver Felipe Massa ready for challenge as F1 testing begins