ABINGDON’S Fiona Bunn won the under 16 girls’ title at the British Championships in Northumberland.
Bunn took victory in 44mins 31secs and led Thames Valley Orienteering Club to the ladies’ short-course team title in 1hr 13mins 19secs.
Fellow Abingdon AC member Bethany Kippin was also part of the team win and finished second in the under 14 girls’ event, clocking 38.59.
Bunn’s younger brother, David, (45.29) came fourth in the under 14 boys’ race.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- UPDATE: Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United is a sell-out
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss