Sophie Mitchelmore returned the incredible figures of 7-6 as Oxfordshire Under 13s hammered Northampton by 103 runs at Bletchingdon.
Seamer Mitchelmore’s salvo, all clean bowled, helped skittle Northants for just 22 in their ECB Women’s County League Performance Group 2 clash.
The opening bowler’s haul came in five miserly overs, which included two maidens.
Northants opted to bowl on a damp wicket and this looked a good decision after Beth Dickens bowled Charlotte Haynes for a duck early on.
The visitors bowled tidily, but Oxon managed to score at a reasonable rate, led by Grace Guthrie (19) and Mitchelmore (18).
They closed on 125-8 from their 35 overs, with six Northants bowlers each picking up a wicket.
The last time the teams met, Mitchelmore and opening partner Georgia Haworth took four wickets each.
But Mitchelmore was in no mood to share on this occasion.
Her seven wickets included four in one over, with the spell a great advert for bowling, full, fast and straight.
- Latest Sport news
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying
- GOLF: Lucie Feaver is primed to take on world’s best at Junior World Championships
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Oxford United lose to Bristol City but Laura Rafferty bids to make most of loan chance
- FOOTBALL: Danny Nicholls steps up to become Oxford City's joint manager
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw frustrated by puncture at Paul Ricard
- FOOTBALL: Abingdon Town quit the North Berks League
- DARTS: Pairs keep Democrats on track
- DARTS: Blackbird Leys Warriors recognised for Super League triumph
- Sam Slocombe and Max Crocombe told they can leave Oxford United