Sophie Mitchelmore returned the incredible figures of 7-6 as Oxfordshire Under 13s hammered Northampton by 103 runs at Bletchingdon.
Seamer Mitchelmore’s salvo, all clean bowled, helped skittle Northants for just 22 in their ECB Women’s County League Performance Group 2 clash.
The opening bowler’s haul came in five miserly overs, which included two maidens.
Northants opted to bowl on a damp wicket and this looked a good decision after Beth Dickens bowled Charlotte Haynes for a duck early on.
The visitors bowled tidily, but Oxon managed to score at a reasonable rate, led by Grace Guthrie (19) and Mitchelmore (18).
They closed on 125-8 from their 35 overs, with six Northants bowlers each picking up a wicket.
The last time the teams met, Mitchelmore and opening partner Georgia Haworth took four wickets each.
But Mitchelmore was in no mood to share on this occasion.
Her seven wickets included four in one over, with the spell a great advert for bowling, full, fast and straight.
- Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson joins Oxford United from Everton for undisclosed fee
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire