Sophie Mitchelmore returned the incredible figures of 7-6 as Oxfordshire Under 13s hammered Northampton by 103 runs at Bletchingdon.
Seamer Mitchelmore’s salvo, all clean bowled, helped skittle Northants for just 22 in their ECB Women’s County League Performance Group 2 clash.
The opening bowler’s haul came in five miserly overs, which included two maidens.
Northants opted to bowl on a damp wicket and this looked a good decision after Beth Dickens bowled Charlotte Haynes for a duck early on.
The visitors bowled tidily, but Oxon managed to score at a reasonable rate, led by Grace Guthrie (19) and Mitchelmore (18).
They closed on 125-8 from their 35 overs, with six Northants bowlers each picking up a wicket.
The last time the teams met, Mitchelmore and opening partner Georgia Haworth took four wickets each.
But Mitchelmore was in no mood to share on this occasion.
Her seven wickets included four in one over, with the spell a great advert for bowling, full, fast and straight.
- Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback