Sophie Mitchelmore returned the incredible figures of 7-6 as Oxfordshire Under 13s hammered Northampton by 103 runs at Bletchingdon.
Seamer Mitchelmore’s salvo, all clean bowled, helped skittle Northants for just 22 in their ECB Women’s County League Performance Group 2 clash.
The opening bowler’s haul came in five miserly overs, which included two maidens.
Northants opted to bowl on a damp wicket and this looked a good decision after Beth Dickens bowled Charlotte Haynes for a duck early on.
The visitors bowled tidily, but Oxon managed to score at a reasonable rate, led by Grace Guthrie (19) and Mitchelmore (18).
They closed on 125-8 from their 35 overs, with six Northants bowlers each picking up a wicket.
The last time the teams met, Mitchelmore and opening partner Georgia Haworth took four wickets each.
But Mitchelmore was in no mood to share on this occasion.
Her seven wickets included four in one over, with the spell a great advert for bowling, full, fast and straight.
- Latest Sport news
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell clinches US Open spot after superb qualifying display
- Michael Appleton confident Oxford United are close to new signing
- Oxford United denied cash boost from Kemar Roofe transfer after Leeds United's failure to make play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire clinch first Twickenham win after dramatic finale
- RESULTS: May 27-28
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League reports
- MOTORSPORT: Haas and Williams in the points at Monaco Grand Prix
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player