Oxford's Jason Plato will be looking to relaunch his title challenge when the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship resumes after a five-week break at Oulton Park tomorrow.
Plato dropped down to fifth in the standings after struggling in the last round at Thruxton.
However, the two-time champion will take encouragement from his performance at the Cheshire venue last year when he recorded a brace of wins, and set a lap record of 1min 26.902secs, with a speed of 92.21mph.
Standings (top five): 1 A Jordan 141pts, 2 G Shedden 133, 3 C Turkington 123, 4 M Neal 110, 5 J Plato 106.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson joins Oxford United from Everton for undisclosed fee
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton not ruling out a Ryan Ledson enquiry to Everton
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season