Oxford's Jason Plato will be looking to relaunch his title challenge when the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship resumes after a five-week break at Oulton Park tomorrow.
Plato dropped down to fifth in the standings after struggling in the last round at Thruxton.
However, the two-time champion will take encouragement from his performance at the Cheshire venue last year when he recorded a brace of wins, and set a lap record of 1min 26.902secs, with a speed of 92.21mph.
Standings (top five): 1 A Jordan 141pts, 2 G Shedden 133, 3 C Turkington 123, 4 M Neal 110, 5 J Plato 106.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's fitness concerns ease despite Johnny Mullins knock
- ICE HOCKEY: Trio aiming to hit heights after taking over at Oxford City Stars
- Oxford United will let train take the strain for Carlisle journey
- ATHLETICS: Capital show as Kate Williamson beat British Over 70s marathon record in London
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock hails his Oxford Harlequins players after making Marston Ferry Road a fortress
- AUNT SALLY: In-form Oracle stay in touch with whitewash victory
- RUGBY UNION: Blue Boar enjoy tour of Ireland
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore to celebrate 40th anniversary
- MARTIAL ARTS: Oxfordshire stars in the medals at European Championships
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Vultures swoop to win Oxfordshire Veterans