Oxford's Jason Plato will be looking to relaunch his title challenge when the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship resumes after a five-week break at Oulton Park tomorrow.
Plato dropped down to fifth in the standings after struggling in the last round at Thruxton.
However, the two-time champion will take encouragement from his performance at the Cheshire venue last year when he recorded a brace of wins, and set a lap record of 1min 26.902secs, with a speed of 92.21mph.
Standings (top five): 1 A Jordan 141pts, 2 G Shedden 133, 3 C Turkington 123, 4 M Neal 110, 5 J Plato 106.
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve