Oxford's Jason Plato will be looking to relaunch his title challenge when the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship resumes after a five-week break at Oulton Park tomorrow.
Plato dropped down to fifth in the standings after struggling in the last round at Thruxton.
However, the two-time champion will take encouragement from his performance at the Cheshire venue last year when he recorded a brace of wins, and set a lap record of 1min 26.902secs, with a speed of 92.21mph.
Standings (top five): 1 A Jordan 141pts, 2 G Shedden 133, 3 C Turkington 123, 4 M Neal 110, 5 J Plato 106.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United knocked out of FA Youth Cup by Bristol Rovers in first round
- Christian Ribeiro upbeat on painful path to long-awaited Oxford United debut
- RUGBY UNION: Sorry Bulls trampled by high-fliers
- BAR BILLIARDS: Vikings A and B teams go through to next round
- ICE HOCKEY: Hallam Wilson's hat-trick seals double raid for the high-flying Oxford City Stars
- MOTORSPORT: Banbury's Darren Turner is crowned champion in Le Mans Series GTE Championship
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Paul Fernandez proves class above to win Abingdon Marathon
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later