Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is determined to score his first points of the season in the EuroFormula Open in Portugal this weekend.
The 20-year-old heads for the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao for rounds three and four of the campaign, having just missed out on a top-ten finish during the championship curtain-raiser at the Nurburgring four weeks ago.
Walkinshaw delivered consistently strong race pace at the German venue, and is confident of reproducing that.
Adapting well to the Dallara F312 he pilots, he is relishing his return to the Algarve.
“I definitely want to be in the points no matter what at the weekend, I’ll be aiming for the top six, but we’ll have to see how things go”, said the Campos Racing driver.
“We were at Portimao during the pre-season and completed some good preparation, so I’m confident we should be on for a pretty strong weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- UPDATES - Bolton Wanderers v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: The players are determined to show their fighting spirit
- Oxford United hoping Kane Hemmings can end unlucky goalscoring record at Bolton Wanderers
- Oxford United are unfazed by away record ahead of Bolton Wanderers trip, says skipper John Lundstram
- MOTOR RACING: Felipe Massa’s hoping rain gods take a break for Malaysian GP
- SWIMMING: Lilia Gilbert steals show with ten-medal haul for Didcot Barramundi
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Jon Bishop's break of 45 guides Thame to victory
- BOXING: South Moreton's Gavin Lissenden defends Queensbury League title
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United