Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is determined to score his first points of the season in the EuroFormula Open in Portugal this weekend.
The 20-year-old heads for the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao for rounds three and four of the campaign, having just missed out on a top-ten finish during the championship curtain-raiser at the Nurburgring four weeks ago.
Walkinshaw delivered consistently strong race pace at the German venue, and is confident of reproducing that.
Adapting well to the Dallara F312 he pilots, he is relishing his return to the Algarve.
“I definitely want to be in the points no matter what at the weekend, I’ll be aiming for the top six, but we’ll have to see how things go”, said the Campos Racing driver.
“We were at Portimao during the pre-season and completed some good preparation, so I’m confident we should be on for a pretty strong weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- FOOTBALL: Forget the table and just play, boss Mike Ford tells Banbury United
- RUGBY UNION: Late Basil Strang penalty earns Chinnor victory, but Henley Hawks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Witney, Banbury and Oxford Harlequins win, but Grove suffer away defeat
- DARTS: Big win keeps Kidlington Green in ODDA title race
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks lose vital ground after suffering heavy home defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford beat Harwell to claim local bragging rights
- RUGBY UNION: Victory for Bicester, but Gosford All Blacks and Wallingford lose out
- DARTS: Deta Hedman back for Oxfordshire's match in Gwent