Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is determined to score his first points of the season in the EuroFormula Open in Portugal this weekend.
The 20-year-old heads for the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao for rounds three and four of the campaign, having just missed out on a top-ten finish during the championship curtain-raiser at the Nurburgring four weeks ago.
Walkinshaw delivered consistently strong race pace at the German venue, and is confident of reproducing that.
Adapting well to the Dallara F312 he pilots, he is relishing his return to the Algarve.
“I definitely want to be in the points no matter what at the weekend, I’ll be aiming for the top six, but we’ll have to see how things go”, said the Campos Racing driver.
“We were at Portimao during the pre-season and completed some good preparation, so I’m confident we should be on for a pretty strong weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales was aware of Juan Sartori's visit, says Stewart Donald
- Joe Rothwell bidding to shine for Oxford United in final Wembley audition
- Danny Higginbotham thrilled to see fellow Manchester United player Michael Appleton thrive as Oxford United head coach
- Oxford United to play it safe as John Lundstram must prove his fitness
- Josh Ruffels aims to grab big chance at Oxford United in Ryan Ledson's absence
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- MOTORSPORT: Oxfordshire's Formula 1 teams endure mixed results in Melbourne practice
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62