Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is determined to score his first points of the season in the EuroFormula Open in Portugal this weekend.
The 20-year-old heads for the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao for rounds three and four of the campaign, having just missed out on a top-ten finish during the championship curtain-raiser at the Nurburgring four weeks ago.
Walkinshaw delivered consistently strong race pace at the German venue, and is confident of reproducing that.
Adapting well to the Dallara F312 he pilots, he is relishing his return to the Algarve.
“I definitely want to be in the points no matter what at the weekend, I’ll be aiming for the top six, but we’ll have to see how things go”, said the Campos Racing driver.
“We were at Portimao during the pre-season and completed some good preparation, so I’m confident we should be on for a pretty strong weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton takes no risks with Vesperal Dream
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders