Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is determined to score his first points of the season in the EuroFormula Open in Portugal this weekend.
The 20-year-old heads for the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao for rounds three and four of the campaign, having just missed out on a top-ten finish during the championship curtain-raiser at the Nurburgring four weeks ago.
Walkinshaw delivered consistently strong race pace at the German venue, and is confident of reproducing that.
Adapting well to the Dallara F312 he pilots, he is relishing his return to the Algarve.
“I definitely want to be in the points no matter what at the weekend, I’ll be aiming for the top six, but we’ll have to see how things go”, said the Campos Racing driver.
“We were at Portimao during the pre-season and completed some good preparation, so I’m confident we should be on for a pretty strong weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez wins Thame 10k
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1