Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is determined to score his first points of the season in the EuroFormula Open in Portugal this weekend.
The 20-year-old heads for the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao for rounds three and four of the campaign, having just missed out on a top-ten finish during the championship curtain-raiser at the Nurburgring four weeks ago.
Walkinshaw delivered consistently strong race pace at the German venue, and is confident of reproducing that.
Adapting well to the Dallara F312 he pilots, he is relishing his return to the Algarve.
“I definitely want to be in the points no matter what at the weekend, I’ll be aiming for the top six, but we’ll have to see how things go”, said the Campos Racing driver.
“We were at Portimao during the pre-season and completed some good preparation, so I’m confident we should be on for a pretty strong weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell slips down the field after second round in Thailand
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000