Chipping Norton’s Sean Walkinshaw is determined to score his first points of the season in the EuroFormula Open in Portugal this weekend.
The 20-year-old heads for the Autodromo do Algarve in Portimao for rounds three and four of the campaign, having just missed out on a top-ten finish during the championship curtain-raiser at the Nurburgring four weeks ago.
Walkinshaw delivered consistently strong race pace at the German venue, and is confident of reproducing that.
Adapting well to the Dallara F312 he pilots, he is relishing his return to the Algarve.
“I definitely want to be in the points no matter what at the weekend, I’ll be aiming for the top six, but we’ll have to see how things go”, said the Campos Racing driver.
“We were at Portimao during the pre-season and completed some good preparation, so I’m confident we should be on for a pretty strong weekend.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance
- Missed chances frustrate Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton in victory over Carlisle United
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United celebrate return to top flight after play-off victory
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 30-May 1
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City sign off with home defeat
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire start Unicorns Counties Trophy bid with defeat to Devon
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United