The Football Association have confirmed that Oxford City will not be relegated from Conference North after they dismissed an appeal by Hayes & Yeading United.
Hayes fell out of the Conference South last month following a dramatic final-day defeat to Dover Athletic at Kingfield.
However, Phil Babb’s side moved to try and save themselves from the drop by appealing to the FA.
They argued that as Vauxhall Motors tendered their resignation from the Conference North last March, they should have remained at that level of non-League football rather than City.
This was based on the fact that they ended the campaign on 45 points, eight more than City, in their respective divisions.
But the FA rejected their appeal.
- Michael Appleton waits to see referee after being sent to the stands in Oxford United's spicy draw with Oldham Athletic
- Oxford United 1 (Hall 54), Oldham Athletic 1 (Burgess 10)
- Oxford United v Oldham Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are hoping for some home comforts
- Kane Hemmings eyeing big push from Oxford United
- Michael Appleton faced with Oxford United defensive dilemma ahead of Oldham clash
- ANGLING: Martin Phipps leaves rivals in the cold
- TRAMPOLINING: Windrush Valley girls land regional team crown
- GYMNASTICS: Abingdon's Lili-Mae Snuggs claims top-ten spots in national championships
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A go top of Oxford League after victory over Green Road A