The Football Association have confirmed that Oxford City will not be relegated from Conference North after they dismissed an appeal by Hayes & Yeading United.
Hayes fell out of the Conference South last month following a dramatic final-day defeat to Dover Athletic at Kingfield.
However, Phil Babb’s side moved to try and save themselves from the drop by appealing to the FA.
They argued that as Vauxhall Motors tendered their resignation from the Conference North last March, they should have remained at that level of non-League football rather than City.
This was based on the fact that they ended the campaign on 45 points, eight more than City, in their respective divisions.
But the FA rejected their appeal.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Sheffield United
- Sheffield United 2 (Sharp 65, Wilson 73), Oxford United 1 (Hemmings 16)
- LIVE - Sheffield United v Oxford United
- Oxford United forward Chris Maguire eager to keep Sheffield United quiet
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It is crucial we start well to silence the home support
- MOTORSPORT: Williams duo Bottas and Massa ready for Spa test
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire beat Bedfordshire in final to win Wormsley T20
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women's captain Kat Nutman could return at Durham
- CRICKET: Max Smith's super spell speeds Oxford Under 17s to second national title in three years
- ANGLING: Champions Drennan win again thanks to the Hobbs