The Football Association have confirmed that Oxford City will not be relegated from Conference North after they dismissed an appeal by Hayes & Yeading United.
Hayes fell out of the Conference South last month following a dramatic final-day defeat to Dover Athletic at Kingfield.
However, Phil Babb’s side moved to try and save themselves from the drop by appealing to the FA.
They argued that as Vauxhall Motors tendered their resignation from the Conference North last March, they should have remained at that level of non-League football rather than City.
This was based on the fact that they ended the campaign on 45 points, eight more than City, in their respective divisions.
But the FA rejected their appeal.
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)
- Oxford United v Charlton Athletic - UPDATES
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Charlton will be a tough test but we’re ready to challenge
- Grateful Marvin Johnson aiming to repay Oxford United fans with goal against Charlton
- BILLIARDS: Bob Chivers break boosts Fieldside
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Role model Demi Lambourne can inspire youthful Oxford United, says boss Les Taylor
- ICE HOCKEY: Buoyant Oxford City Stars bidding to build on first victory