The Football Association have confirmed that Oxford City will not be relegated from Conference North after they dismissed an appeal by Hayes & Yeading United.
Hayes fell out of the Conference South last month following a dramatic final-day defeat to Dover Athletic at Kingfield.
However, Phil Babb’s side moved to try and save themselves from the drop by appealing to the FA.
They argued that as Vauxhall Motors tendered their resignation from the Conference North last March, they should have remained at that level of non-League football rather than City.
This was based on the fact that they ended the campaign on 45 points, eight more than City, in their respective divisions.
But the FA rejected their appeal.
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton takes no risks with Vesperal Dream
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders