ETHAN Rose and Safia Khimji won all three mixed matches to help Oxfordshire’s Under 13 team claim their highest finish in the Shires finals.
The pair, under-age for the event, starred as the county finished the nine-month competition sixth out of 32.
It concluded at Walsall, where a tough draw saw Oxon paired with eventual runners-up Warwickshire.
The mixed and singles matches were split 6-6, but Oxon’s doubles were edged out in an 11-9 defeat.
A thumping 14-6 victory over Hampshire put them into the fifth/sixth place play-off against Surrey.
The tournament favourites lived up to their billing in the final match, winning 14-6 to leave Oxfordshire sixth.
In addition to the mixed pair’s victories, there was also notable success for Jamie Redfern, who won his three singles matches.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list
- Callum O'Dowda praised by Martin O'Neill after first Ireland training session
- CRICKET: Sabin shines as Banbury beat weather to stay top
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire suffer fourth successive defeat in Trophy
- GOLF: Pepperell secures top-ten finish in Ireland with superb 66
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith happy with improved performance in Italy
- WEEKEND RESULTS May 21-22
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to make mark with Republic of Ireland squad