ETHAN Rose and Safia Khimji won all three mixed matches to help Oxfordshire’s Under 13 team claim their highest finish in the Shires finals.
The pair, under-age for the event, starred as the county finished the nine-month competition sixth out of 32.
It concluded at Walsall, where a tough draw saw Oxon paired with eventual runners-up Warwickshire.
The mixed and singles matches were split 6-6, but Oxon’s doubles were edged out in an 11-9 defeat.
A thumping 14-6 victory over Hampshire put them into the fifth/sixth place play-off against Surrey.
The tournament favourites lived up to their billing in the final match, winning 14-6 to leave Oxfordshire sixth.
In addition to the mixed pair’s victories, there was also notable success for Jamie Redfern, who won his three singles matches.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- ANGLING: Steve Harwood loses out by a ounce in Oxford Winter League