ETHAN Rose and Safia Khimji won all three mixed matches to help Oxfordshire’s Under 13 team claim their highest finish in the Shires finals.
The pair, under-age for the event, starred as the county finished the nine-month competition sixth out of 32.
It concluded at Walsall, where a tough draw saw Oxon paired with eventual runners-up Warwickshire.
The mixed and singles matches were split 6-6, but Oxon’s doubles were edged out in an 11-9 defeat.
A thumping 14-6 victory over Hampshire put them into the fifth/sixth place play-off against Surrey.
The tournament favourites lived up to their billing in the final match, winning 14-6 to leave Oxfordshire sixth.
In addition to the mixed pair’s victories, there was also notable success for Jamie Redfern, who won his three singles matches.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory