ETHAN Rose and Safia Khimji won all three mixed matches to help Oxfordshire’s Under 13 team claim their highest finish in the Shires finals.
The pair, under-age for the event, starred as the county finished the nine-month competition sixth out of 32.
It concluded at Walsall, where a tough draw saw Oxon paired with eventual runners-up Warwickshire.
The mixed and singles matches were split 6-6, but Oxon’s doubles were edged out in an 11-9 defeat.
A thumping 14-6 victory over Hampshire put them into the fifth/sixth place play-off against Surrey.
The tournament favourites lived up to their billing in the final match, winning 14-6 to leave Oxfordshire sixth.
In addition to the mixed pair’s victories, there was also notable success for Jamie Redfern, who won his three singles matches.
Latest Sport news
- Back injury rules Joe Skarz out of Oxford United's game at Southend United
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Michael Appleton hoping plum draw in FA Cup will give Oxford United added incentive
- ATHLETICS: Organisers cancel third round of Oxford Mail Cross Country League
- WEEKEND RESULTS December 3-4
- FOOTBALL: Matt Sysum's goal earns victory for North Leigh
- FOOTBALL: Callum White’s fluke goal seals last-gasp win for Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: James Roberts breaks his duck as Oxford City slip to home defeat
- FOOTBALL: Supersub Lewis Coyle hits stunning four-timer for Kidlington
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton takes no risks with Vesperal Dream