ALMOST 80 riders took part in the inaugural round of the Beeline Bikes Oxfordshire Road Race Series.
Held at Weston-on-the-Green after almost 12 months of planning, the bumper field battled it out on the challenging narrow course.
After some hard racing, which included one crash in the middle of the pack, Didcot Phoenix’s David Emms sprinted to victory.
Result: 1 D Emms (DPCC), 2 M Cyer (Army CU), 3 S Jones (GS Henley).
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton happy to see tackles flying in during Oxford United training
- Liam Sercombe: Oxford United looking to take advantage of Southend United's fragile confidence
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh manager John Brough turns down rival offer
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks Ladies beaten after missing numerous chances
- RUGBY UNION: Super Danny Barnes is hat-trick hero as Chinnor run riot in 12-try show
- DARTS: Oxfordshire make home start in County Championship
- GOLF: Oxford City narrow the gap on leaders Frilford Heath
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Henley Hawks dig deep to see off Exmouth
- RUGBY UNION: Witney’s winning start in South West 1 East comes to abrupt end
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton