ALMOST 80 riders took part in the inaugural round of the Beeline Bikes Oxfordshire Road Race Series.
Held at Weston-on-the-Green after almost 12 months of planning, the bumper field battled it out on the challenging narrow course.
After some hard racing, which included one crash in the middle of the pack, Didcot Phoenix’s David Emms sprinted to victory.
Result: 1 D Emms (DPCC), 2 M Cyer (Army CU), 3 S Jones (GS Henley).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United to cover fewer miles in League One next season
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- FOOTBALL: John Brough appointed new manager at North Leigh
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut