ALMOST 80 riders took part in the inaugural round of the Beeline Bikes Oxfordshire Road Race Series.
Held at Weston-on-the-Green after almost 12 months of planning, the bumper field battled it out on the challenging narrow course.
After some hard racing, which included one crash in the middle of the pack, Didcot Phoenix’s David Emms sprinted to victory.
Result: 1 D Emms (DPCC), 2 M Cyer (Army CU), 3 S Jones (GS Henley).
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Oxford United are where we want to be, says Carlisle United manager Keith Curle
- James Roberts eyeing a happy ending with Oxford United after horrible season
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton hoping for different emotion on return to 'bobbins' Brunton Park
- Liam Sercombe hungry to hit one last goal target for Oxford United this season
- Deadline for Oxford United awards voting is today
- FOOTBALL: We should hold our heads high, says Oxford City general manager Justin Merritt
- RUGBY UNION: Injury-hit Oxfordshire are still strong, says head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Mike Ford wants more of the same as Banbury United prepare for play-off final
- CRICKET: Captain Luke Ryan calls on Oxfordshire to step up for Unicorns Counties Trophy opener