Oxfordshire Under 25s produced a below-par display in their 71-45 defeat by Berkshire in their Junior Home Counties League opener at Thatcham.
Now played in a three-rink format, the clash saw Oxon fail to take a single point.
Disappointingly, Berkshire, despite being the home side and the reduction in team size, failed to field a full complement and played a triple skipped by Thatcham’s own David Miles against Dan Wakeman’s four.
The three players, with the advantage of the front two each having three bowls each, dominated from the start and won 24-10 – with 25 per cent of the original score deducted.
This meant that the Oxon fours of George Schwab and Shane Cooper needed wins to take anything from the game, but both lost by six shots to BJ Byles and Mitch Cooper respectively.
Berkshire U25 71, Oxfordshire U25 45
(Berkshire rinks first)
Rink 1: T Moore, T Bicknell, D Miles 24*, Darren Wakeman, J Woodward, R Full, Dan Wakeman 10. * Original score was 32, but 8 shots (25 per cent) deducted for missing player.
Rink 2: P Hutchinson, T Belcher, R Cooper, M Cooper 22, S Watts, J Wilkinson, C Gilkes, S Cooper 16.
Rink 3: C Lali, E Stacey, K Mallanain, BJ Byles 25, D Swanson, L Wilkinson, D May, G Schwab 19.
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oxford suffer heavy defeat in Area Cup
- AUNT SALLY: Former world champion Henry Johnson wins Kidlington title
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances