Oxfordshire Under 25s produced a below-par display in their 71-45 defeat by Berkshire in their Junior Home Counties League opener at Thatcham.
Now played in a three-rink format, the clash saw Oxon fail to take a single point.
Disappointingly, Berkshire, despite being the home side and the reduction in team size, failed to field a full complement and played a triple skipped by Thatcham’s own David Miles against Dan Wakeman’s four.
The three players, with the advantage of the front two each having three bowls each, dominated from the start and won 24-10 – with 25 per cent of the original score deducted.
This meant that the Oxon fours of George Schwab and Shane Cooper needed wins to take anything from the game, but both lost by six shots to BJ Byles and Mitch Cooper respectively.
Berkshire U25 71, Oxfordshire U25 45
(Berkshire rinks first)
Rink 1: T Moore, T Bicknell, D Miles 24*, Darren Wakeman, J Woodward, R Full, Dan Wakeman 10. * Original score was 32, but 8 shots (25 per cent) deducted for missing player.
Rink 2: P Hutchinson, T Belcher, R Cooper, M Cooper 22, S Watts, J Wilkinson, C Gilkes, S Cooper 16.
Rink 3: C Lali, E Stacey, K Mallanain, BJ Byles 25, D Swanson, L Wilkinson, D May, G Schwab 19.
- 900 remaining tickets for Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United go on general sale
- Christian Ribeiro set for Oxford United return in friendly with Vancouver Whitecaps
- Oxford United 'out-punched' by another League One side for loan target
- Oxford United announce new dates for Sheffield United and Bolton Wanderers games
- Newcastle United win FA Cup replay to set up fourth round trip to Oxford United
- CRICKET: New Oxfordshire captain Jonny Cater aiming to nurture county's emerging talent
- AUNT SALLY: Mick Phipps leads Black Prince to victory
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell faces Abu Dhabi test
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars suffer heaviest defeat the day after ending long losing run
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's senior men thrilled to finally clinch Chiltern Cross Country League victory