Oxfordshire Under 25s produced a below-par display in their 71-45 defeat by Berkshire in their Junior Home Counties League opener at Thatcham.
Now played in a three-rink format, the clash saw Oxon fail to take a single point.
Disappointingly, Berkshire, despite being the home side and the reduction in team size, failed to field a full complement and played a triple skipped by Thatcham’s own David Miles against Dan Wakeman’s four.
The three players, with the advantage of the front two each having three bowls each, dominated from the start and won 24-10 – with 25 per cent of the original score deducted.
This meant that the Oxon fours of George Schwab and Shane Cooper needed wins to take anything from the game, but both lost by six shots to BJ Byles and Mitch Cooper respectively.
Berkshire U25 71, Oxfordshire U25 45
(Berkshire rinks first)
Rink 1: T Moore, T Bicknell, D Miles 24*, Darren Wakeman, J Woodward, R Full, Dan Wakeman 10. * Original score was 32, but 8 shots (25 per cent) deducted for missing player.
Rink 2: P Hutchinson, T Belcher, R Cooper, M Cooper 22, S Watts, J Wilkinson, C Gilkes, S Cooper 16.
Rink 3: C Lali, E Stacey, K Mallanain, BJ Byles 25, D Swanson, L Wilkinson, D May, G Schwab 19.
- Joe Rothwell positive despite Oxford United's EFL Cup defeat
- CRICKET: Oxford Downs on brink of Cherwell League top-flight return after winning thriller against Nondies
- AUNT SALLY: Brilliant Kevin Giles impresses with 17-doll haul as Gladiators A ease to victory
- CRICKET: Minster Lovell win double-header for pole position in OCA League Division 1 title race
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Brighton?
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack
- Michael Appleton: Friendly defeat of more use to Oxford United than Brighton ahead of EFL Cup tie