JAMES Lamerton admitted to being “absolutely stunned” after taking all ten wickets in an innings on Sunday.
The left-arm seamer achieved a bowler’s maximum when he returned the amazing figures of 10-21 from 7.1 overs for United Oxford Hospitals in a friendly match against Bampton-in-the-Bush.
The 39-year-old’s feat earned UOH a 113-run victory in the match played at Horspath.
Bampton fell for 75, in reply to the hosts’ 188.
“I’d never even taken five wickets in an innings before, so I’m still in shock,” said Lamerton, who only took up the game four years ago.
The Cowley resident, who also plays friendlies for Wolvercote, admitted he had some luck.
“A slip catch went down at the other end early in the Bampton innings.
“After the ninth wicket fell, I managed to keep calm until I bowled the last man.
“My teammates couldn’t believe it. I felt excited inside – like a little kid again.”
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic
- Young Oxford United squad need me to be an assertive leader – Michael Appleton
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- BOXING: Ex-world champion Steve Collins sees Oxford fighters star
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal