JAMES Lamerton admitted to being “absolutely stunned” after taking all ten wickets in an innings on Sunday.
The left-arm seamer achieved a bowler’s maximum when he returned the amazing figures of 10-21 from 7.1 overs for United Oxford Hospitals in a friendly match against Bampton-in-the-Bush.
The 39-year-old’s feat earned UOH a 113-run victory in the match played at Horspath.
Bampton fell for 75, in reply to the hosts’ 188.
“I’d never even taken five wickets in an innings before, so I’m still in shock,” said Lamerton, who only took up the game four years ago.
The Cowley resident, who also plays friendlies for Wolvercote, admitted he had some luck.
“A slip catch went down at the other end early in the Bampton innings.
“After the ninth wicket fell, I managed to keep calm until I bowled the last man.
“My teammates couldn’t believe it. I felt excited inside – like a little kid again.”
Latest Sport news
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore beat Wheatley as Oxford and Chipping Norton are also victorious
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford are no match for Whitehaven in cup
- DARTS: Oxfordshire chasing promotion