JAMES Lamerton admitted to being “absolutely stunned” after taking all ten wickets in an innings on Sunday.
The left-arm seamer achieved a bowler’s maximum when he returned the amazing figures of 10-21 from 7.1 overs for United Oxford Hospitals in a friendly match against Bampton-in-the-Bush.
The 39-year-old’s feat earned UOH a 113-run victory in the match played at Horspath.
Bampton fell for 75, in reply to the hosts’ 188.
“I’d never even taken five wickets in an innings before, so I’m still in shock,” said Lamerton, who only took up the game four years ago.
The Cowley resident, who also plays friendlies for Wolvercote, admitted he had some luck.
“A slip catch went down at the other end early in the Bampton innings.
“After the ninth wicket fell, I managed to keep calm until I bowled the last man.
“My teammates couldn’t believe it. I felt excited inside – like a little kid again.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory at Chesterfield
- Chesterfield 0, Oxford United 4 (Hall 17, McAleny 35, 60 & 69)
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side