GREENE KING IPA CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
MITCH Lees and Richard Thorpe come into London Welsh’s back row for tonight’s crunch clash at Bristol (7.45).
Lees returns at blindside flanker after seven weeks out injured, while No 8 Thorpe starts for the first time since being sent-off in the league game at Bristol on April 18.
They replace Pete and Dan Browne respectively, while Alan Awcock comes in at full back.
Rhys Crane drops to the bench, with Seb Stegmann reverting to right wing.
Former Wales captain and No 8 Ryan Jones misses out for Bristol with an ankle injury.
Mitch Eadie replaces him, while Ruki Tipuna, who comes in at scrum half, takes over as skipper.
Wing Charlie Amesbury and tight-head prop Gaston Cortes complete the changes.
Bristol: Wallace, Amesbury, Tovey, Mosses, Short, Robinson, Tipuna (capt), Traynor, Johnston, Cortes, Glynn, Townson, Koster, Mama, Eadie. Reps: Lawrence, Hall, Hobson, Skirving, Grindal, Jarvis, Hughes.
London Welsh: Awcock, Stegmann, May (capt), Jewell, Scott, Ross, Cook, Trevett, Morris, Edwards, Spencer, Corker, Lees, Kirwan, Thorpe. Reps: Vella, Bristow, Tideswell, West, Stedman, R Lewis, Crane.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list