GREENE KING IPA CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
MITCH Lees and Richard Thorpe come into London Welsh’s back row for tonight’s crunch clash at Bristol (7.45).
Lees returns at blindside flanker after seven weeks out injured, while No 8 Thorpe starts for the first time since being sent-off in the league game at Bristol on April 18.
They replace Pete and Dan Browne respectively, while Alan Awcock comes in at full back.
Rhys Crane drops to the bench, with Seb Stegmann reverting to right wing.
Former Wales captain and No 8 Ryan Jones misses out for Bristol with an ankle injury.
Mitch Eadie replaces him, while Ruki Tipuna, who comes in at scrum half, takes over as skipper.
Wing Charlie Amesbury and tight-head prop Gaston Cortes complete the changes.
Bristol: Wallace, Amesbury, Tovey, Mosses, Short, Robinson, Tipuna (capt), Traynor, Johnston, Cortes, Glynn, Townson, Koster, Mama, Eadie. Reps: Lawrence, Hall, Hobson, Skirving, Grindal, Jarvis, Hughes.
London Welsh: Awcock, Stegmann, May (capt), Jewell, Scott, Ross, Cook, Trevett, Morris, Edwards, Spencer, Corker, Lees, Kirwan, Thorpe. Reps: Vella, Bristow, Tideswell, West, Stedman, R Lewis, Crane.
Latest Sport news
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor
- Michael Appleton searching for a cure to Oxford United's Jekyll & Hyde form
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell set to miss cut after disastrous second round
- Port Vale sign former Newcastle United midfielder Ryan Taylor ahead of Oxford United clash
- Oxford United to honour 1996 promotion winners
- FOOTBALL: General manager Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to build on Poole Town win
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town boss Andy Ballard moves quickly to fill Luke Carnell void
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock backs youthful Oxford Harlequins to step up in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Elliott Osborne-Ricketts leaves North Leigh for Kidlington