GREENE KING IPA CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL
MITCH Lees and Richard Thorpe come into London Welsh’s back row for tonight’s crunch clash at Bristol (7.45).
Lees returns at blindside flanker after seven weeks out injured, while No 8 Thorpe starts for the first time since being sent-off in the league game at Bristol on April 18.
They replace Pete and Dan Browne respectively, while Alan Awcock comes in at full back.
Rhys Crane drops to the bench, with Seb Stegmann reverting to right wing.
Former Wales captain and No 8 Ryan Jones misses out for Bristol with an ankle injury.
Mitch Eadie replaces him, while Ruki Tipuna, who comes in at scrum half, takes over as skipper.
Wing Charlie Amesbury and tight-head prop Gaston Cortes complete the changes.
Bristol: Wallace, Amesbury, Tovey, Mosses, Short, Robinson, Tipuna (capt), Traynor, Johnston, Cortes, Glynn, Townson, Koster, Mama, Eadie. Reps: Lawrence, Hall, Hobson, Skirving, Grindal, Jarvis, Hughes.
London Welsh: Awcock, Stegmann, May (capt), Jewell, Scott, Ross, Cook, Trevett, Morris, Edwards, Spencer, Corker, Lees, Kirwan, Thorpe. Reps: Vella, Bristow, Tideswell, West, Stedman, R Lewis, Crane.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: Getting back on track takes sweat and tears
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oxford suffer heavy defeat in Area Cup
- AUNT SALLY: Former world champion Henry Johnson wins Kidlington title
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat