Justin Burnell says London Welsh will be taking a lot of team spirit as well as 19 points into their promotion showdown with Bristol.
The Exiles visit the Memorial Stadium tomorrow night leading 27-8 from the first leg of their Greene King IPA Championship final.
Head coach Burnell insists his side will play positively rather than trying to defend a lead, and have the character to do that.
“We’re a pretty honest bunch and we don’t roll over,” he said.
“We saw that in respect to Leeds in the semi-final. Thirteen points down, we were dead and buried and everyone wrote us off.
“That’s one thing we have got – spirit.”
Welsh ended Bristol’s 15-match winning run in the league at the Kassam Stadium, but Burnell says they won’t stop there in their bid to secure a Premiership place.
“You have got to win both legs,” he said.
While Burnell is set to rotate his team again, he bristled when asked if they had changed preparation for the first leg against Bristol.
“No,” he replied. “Because we are a one-dimensional team, as everybody keeps telling us.
“We can only play one way, so no.
“It’s pretty straight-forward. We have only got a plan A.”
- Kate Williamson, 70, stunned to be going head-to-head with Olympic silver medallist in Oxfordshire Sports Awards
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough edge into last four of Fred Ford Cup with shoot-out victory against Aston
- FOOTBALL: Saxton Rovers send North Berks League Division 1 leaders Berinsfield to first defeat
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: Brilliant Bleakley hits four as Summertown Eagles surpass Grove’s challenge
- GIRLS' FOOTBALL: Bethany Chapman and Hermione Prescott impress as Headington advance in Under 12 League Cup
- FOOTBALL: Hook Norton earn Oxfordshire Senior Cup tie with Banbury United
- FOOTBALL: Union Street secure comeback win over Oxford City FA leaders Lusitanos Oxford
- Oxford United loan target Tyler Roberts joins Sky Bet League One strugglers
- Oxford United closing in on first new signing of January transfer window
- Banbury United forced to settle for draw at Weymouth as hosts hit back