Big hits are guaranteed at Heathfield Park this weekend as it hosts the latest round of the Long Drivers European Tour.
The venue at Bletchingdon, which was officially opened last November, has been selected for the LDET’s first visit to the UK.
It comes a week after the second round of the season, when Englishman Joe Miller won the final in Karben, Germany, with a drive of 374.6 yards.
A group of 16 qualifiers will take part in the knockout event from 3pm on Saturday.
They will be paired together and hit six balls each. The player with the longest ball in bounds will progress to the next round until only a champion is crowned.
The event begins on Friday evening with the qualifying rounds of the amateur event, while there are also competitions for ladies and juniors.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United
- Michael Appleton: Oxford United off-field wranglings 'not a massive issue as long as I know what's going on'
- UPDATE: Oxford United's FA Cup clash against Newcastle United is a sell-out
- From the Oxford United boardroom column: Why we issued the stadium statement now
- Rochdale's winning run at home should be an incentive for Oxford United, says Curtis Nelson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell misses cut at Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship
- FOOTBALL: Josh Ashby loan extension from Oxford United is ‘like a new signing’, says Oxford City boss Mark Jones
- RUGBY UNION: Matt Williams urges Chinnor to build momentum in National League 2 South
- FOOTBALL: Kidlington manager Julian McCalmon backs Anaclet Odhiambo to shrug off penalty miss