Big hits are guaranteed at Heathfield Park this weekend as it hosts the latest round of the Long Drivers European Tour.
The venue at Bletchingdon, which was officially opened last November, has been selected for the LDET’s first visit to the UK.
It comes a week after the second round of the season, when Englishman Joe Miller won the final in Karben, Germany, with a drive of 374.6 yards.
A group of 16 qualifiers will take part in the knockout event from 3pm on Saturday.
They will be paired together and hit six balls each. The player with the longest ball in bounds will progress to the next round until only a champion is crowned.
The event begins on Friday evening with the qualifying rounds of the amateur event, while there are also competitions for ladies and juniors.
Latest Sport news
- It’s two points dropped, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh make it two wins in a row, Didcot beaten by late freak goal and Wantage delay relegation with draw
- FOOTBALL: Jack Dunmall hits cracking winner for Kidlington
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Northampton Town
- Northampton Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton jealous of Northampton Town pitch
- Chey Dunkley points to Oxford United's never-say-die spirit as key factor in battling on two fronts
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Back on the road and ready for another Cobblers clash
- ICE HOCKEY: Simon Anderson eyes final as Oxford City Stars begin play-off bid