Big hits are guaranteed at Heathfield Park this weekend as it hosts the latest round of the Long Drivers European Tour.
The venue at Bletchingdon, which was officially opened last November, has been selected for the LDET’s first visit to the UK.
It comes a week after the second round of the season, when Englishman Joe Miller won the final in Karben, Germany, with a drive of 374.6 yards.
A group of 16 qualifiers will take part in the knockout event from 3pm on Saturday.
They will be paired together and hit six balls each. The player with the longest ball in bounds will progress to the next round until only a champion is crowned.
The event begins on Friday evening with the qualifying rounds of the amateur event, while there are also competitions for ladies and juniors.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton
- Oxford United to discover EFL Trophy opponents in draw tomorrow
- Tough pre-season games are helping Oxford United get set for League One, says Chey Dunkley
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United women pay for individual errors as they lose late on to Everton
- MOTORSPORT: Sean Walkinshaw looking forward to competing at Spa
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL continue losing sequence away to Coventry Bears
- FOOTBALL: Mark Janes scores twice for Banbury United after signing from Didcot Town
- DARTS: Tributes paid to young Oxon player Ryan Bull after death at 20