Wayne Brown will be part of Oxford United’s coaching staff next season after signing a new contract.
The 37-year-old’s existing deal, which was as a player/coach, was due to expire this summer.
He will no longer be part of the playing staff, but has signed a two-year agreement to stay as United’s goalkeeping coach.
U’s head coach Gary Waddock said: “I think Wayne’s done very well and he’s got very good contacts.”
Brown will continue to oversee the development of senior professionals Ryan Clarke and Max Crocombe, but is also believed to be keen to make improvements in the goalkeeping department.
Latest United news:
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Millwall
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season