Wayne Brown will be part of Oxford United’s coaching staff next season after signing a new contract.
The 37-year-old’s existing deal, which was as a player/coach, was due to expire this summer.
He will no longer be part of the playing staff, but has signed a two-year agreement to stay as United’s goalkeeping coach.
U’s head coach Gary Waddock said: “I think Wayne’s done very well and he’s got very good contacts.”
Brown will continue to oversee the development of senior professionals Ryan Clarke and Max Crocombe, but is also believed to be keen to make improvements in the goalkeeping department.
Latest United news:
- Josh Ruffels signs new contract at Oxford United
- Oxford United upbeat about Rob Hall's hamstring injury
- 'We were not ruthless enough', says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton, 'but it's difficult to say that after a 4-0 win'
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places