Wayne Brown will be part of Oxford United’s coaching staff next season after signing a new contract.
The 37-year-old’s existing deal, which was as a player/coach, was due to expire this summer.
He will no longer be part of the playing staff, but has signed a two-year agreement to stay as United’s goalkeeping coach.
U’s head coach Gary Waddock said: “I think Wayne’s done very well and he’s got very good contacts.”
Brown will continue to oversee the development of senior professionals Ryan Clarke and Max Crocombe, but is also believed to be keen to make improvements in the goalkeeping department.
Latest United news:
- Silence from Firoz Kassam as stadium talks continue
- Toni Martinez excited by prospect of making Oxford United debut in FA Cup clash with Newcastle United
- Oxford United agree loan for £2.4m striker Toni Martinez from West Ham
- Oxford United pass pitch inspection ahead of Checkatrade Trophy tie with Bradford City
- WATCH: Oxford United loan signing spectacularly scoring for West Ham in Checkatrade Trophy