Wayne Brown will be part of Oxford United’s coaching staff next season after signing a new contract.
The 37-year-old’s existing deal, which was as a player/coach, was due to expire this summer.
He will no longer be part of the playing staff, but has signed a two-year agreement to stay as United’s goalkeeping coach.
U’s head coach Gary Waddock said: “I think Wayne’s done very well and he’s got very good contacts.”
Brown will continue to oversee the development of senior professionals Ryan Clarke and Max Crocombe, but is also believed to be keen to make improvements in the goalkeeping department.
Latest United news:
- Jordan Evans stays on at Oxford United to give support in final test
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense