Wayne Brown will be part of Oxford United’s coaching staff next season after signing a new contract.
The 37-year-old’s existing deal, which was as a player/coach, was due to expire this summer.
He will no longer be part of the playing staff, but has signed a two-year agreement to stay as United’s goalkeeping coach.
U’s head coach Gary Waddock said: “I think Wayne’s done very well and he’s got very good contacts.”
Brown will continue to oversee the development of senior professionals Ryan Clarke and Max Crocombe, but is also believed to be keen to make improvements in the goalkeeping department.
Latest United news:
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- I expect to score for Oxford United despite left-field switch – Ryan Taylor