Wayne Brown will be part of Oxford United’s coaching staff next season after signing a new contract.
The 37-year-old’s existing deal, which was as a player/coach, was due to expire this summer.
He will no longer be part of the playing staff, but has signed a two-year agreement to stay as United’s goalkeeping coach.
U’s head coach Gary Waddock said: “I think Wayne’s done very well and he’s got very good contacts.”
Brown will continue to oversee the development of senior professionals Ryan Clarke and Max Crocombe, but is also believed to be keen to make improvements in the goalkeeping department.
Latest United news:
- Simon Eastwood bidding to establish himself as Oxford United's No 1
- Simon Eastwood agrees one-year deal to join Oxford United
- Oxford United target set for medical to finalise move today and become summer signing No 1
- Oxford United announce Leicester City and Brighton ticket prices
- Oxford United chairman: £3m is the minimum for Kemar Roofe