Banbury's Bradley Philpot kept alive his dream of winning a F3 test experience by finishing fourth at Buckmore Park karting circuit at Chatham in Kent.
Competing against 40 of the UK’s top novice drivers, Philpot came through 12 heats and three finals to secure his place as one of the final five through to round three.
The competition, known as Lets Race 2 Reality, is run by Lets Race, the UK’s only full motion F1 simulator centre based in Surrey, in conjunction with Carlin, a junior team, whose proteges have included Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo.
Philpot will now be put through his paces at Carlin’s headquarters in Surrey allowing him a real glimpse inside the world of a professional racing driver. All finalists will take part in various exercises including a simulator session with a Carlin race engineer, before taking part in interviews with industry professionals.
Philpot said: “For the final round I plan to be as prepared as possible and I fully intend to become the inaugural Lets Race to Reality champion.”
- Oxford United thought West Brom rising star Tyler Roberts would be out of their league – Fazackerley
- ROWING: Zoe de Toledo’s eyeing Olympic gold hunt in Rio
- CRICKET: Abingdon Vale teenager Ben Charlesworth to make Oxfordshire debut against Devon
- CRICKET: Banbury captain Lloyd Sabin delighted with Luke Ryan's form ahead of High Wycombe clash
- CRICKET: Skipper Charlie Brain rallies Shipton-under-Wychwood ahead of Horspath challenge
- ROWING: Duarte bags sculls success
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- Darryl Eales: Fan boycott would hurt Oxford United more than the EFL Trophy
- Oxford United's record-breaking season ticket sales pass 5,000
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom