Banbury's Bradley Philpot kept alive his dream of winning a F3 test experience by finishing fourth at Buckmore Park karting circuit at Chatham in Kent.
Competing against 40 of the UK’s top novice drivers, Philpot came through 12 heats and three finals to secure his place as one of the final five through to round three.
The competition, known as Lets Race 2 Reality, is run by Lets Race, the UK’s only full motion F1 simulator centre based in Surrey, in conjunction with Carlin, a junior team, whose proteges have included Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo.
Philpot will now be put through his paces at Carlin’s headquarters in Surrey allowing him a real glimpse inside the world of a professional racing driver. All finalists will take part in various exercises including a simulator session with a Carlin race engineer, before taking part in interviews with industry professionals.
Philpot said: “For the final round I plan to be as prepared as possible and I fully intend to become the inaugural Lets Race to Reality champion.”
- Oxford United players draw breath before Wembley
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town defender Sam Elkins banned for five games after involvement in pitch invasion against Hereford
- BOWLS: AJ Docherty nicks Oxfordshire indoor singles title in thrilling final
- ROWING: Headington School rule roost once again
- RUGBY UNION: Former London Welsh back Alan Awcock enjoying new career after ending professional playing days
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Harlequins prop Matt Edney set for year-long New Zealand trip
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships