Ben Watson, from the St Birinus Weightlifting Club, Didcot, has been selected in the England team for the Commonwealth Games in July.
The 24-year-old, one of only eight men chosen in the team, will compete in the 105kg category.
He qualified by lifting 335kg in the English Championships in February.
"I'm really pleased as I just missed out on selection for the 2010 Games," he said.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Liam Sercombe hungry to hit one last goal target for Oxford United this season
- FOOTBALL: We should hold our heads high, says Oxford City general manager Justin Merritt
- Deadline for Oxford United awards voting is today
- RUGBY UNION: Injury-hit Oxfordshire are still strong, says head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Mike Ford wants more of the same as Banbury United prepare for play-off final
- CRICKET: Captain Luke Ryan calls on Oxfordshire to step up for Unicorns Counties Trophy opener
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Les Taylor upbeat despite seeing Oxford United lose again
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL all set to take on Toulouse Olympique
- ROWING:Falcon and City of Oxford shine in Junior Inter-Regional Regatta