John Paul has been selected in Scotland’s team for this summer’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
The 21-year-old lived in Wantage while training with the British Cycling Academy Programme.
But he returned to Scotland when leaving the programme last year after he was not granted funding.
The 2011 junior world sprint and double European junior champion showed a return to form this year when helping Great Britain to a bronze medal in the team sprint at the Track Cycling World Cup in Mexico.
Paul, from Lybster, Caithness, has been widely tipped within cycling circles as one of Scotland’s leading hopes.
Latest Sport news
- Millwall 0, Oxford United 3 (McAleny 6 & 8, Ruffels 71)
- UPDATES - Millwall v Oxford United
- Joe Rothwell hoping to silence Millwall fans in Oxford United's last away match of season
- Oxford United must be ready to roll up sleeves and battle for everything at Millwall, says boss Michael Appleton
- SHOW JUMPING: Bicester-based girls shine in leading pony show
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We've enjoyed some great moments on our away days this season
- MOTORSPORT: Oxford's Matt Chapman delighted to score points on his debut
- MOTORSPORT: KTM are on learning curve in United States admits Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith
- BILLIARDS: Lewis Moss & Connor Jones win pairs final
- ANGLING: Steve Johnson finds light in Tunnel