John Paul has been selected in Scotland’s team for this summer’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
The 21-year-old lived in Wantage while training with the British Cycling Academy Programme.
But he returned to Scotland when leaving the programme last year after he was not granted funding.
The 2011 junior world sprint and double European junior champion showed a return to form this year when helping Great Britain to a bronze medal in the team sprint at the Track Cycling World Cup in Mexico.
Paul, from Lybster, Caithness, has been widely tipped within cycling circles as one of Scotland’s leading hopes.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's penalty shoot-out win at Southend United
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- Oxford United's Emirates FA Cup replay not selected for live television coverage
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- RUGBY UNION: Former Oxford-based club London Welsh go into liquidation
- FOOTBALL: Eynsham SSC end three-month wait for win in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Double for Charlie Lee as unbeaten Berinsfield maintain North Berks League Division 1 title tilt
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four