John Paul has been selected in Scotland’s team for this summer’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
The 21-year-old lived in Wantage while training with the British Cycling Academy Programme.
But he returned to Scotland when leaving the programme last year after he was not granted funding.
The 2011 junior world sprint and double European junior champion showed a return to form this year when helping Great Britain to a bronze medal in the team sprint at the Track Cycling World Cup in Mexico.
Paul, from Lybster, Caithness, has been widely tipped within cycling circles as one of Scotland’s leading hopes.
Latest Sport news
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance