John Paul has been selected in Scotland’s team for this summer’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
The 21-year-old lived in Wantage while training with the British Cycling Academy Programme.
But he returned to Scotland when leaving the programme last year after he was not granted funding.
The 2011 junior world sprint and double European junior champion showed a return to form this year when helping Great Britain to a bronze medal in the team sprint at the Track Cycling World Cup in Mexico.
Paul, from Lybster, Caithness, has been widely tipped within cycling circles as one of Scotland’s leading hopes.
Latest Sport news
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League