John Paul has been selected in Scotland’s team for this summer’s Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
The 21-year-old lived in Wantage while training with the British Cycling Academy Programme.
But he returned to Scotland when leaving the programme last year after he was not granted funding.
The 2011 junior world sprint and double European junior champion showed a return to form this year when helping Great Britain to a bronze medal in the team sprint at the Track Cycling World Cup in Mexico.
Paul, from Lybster, Caithness, has been widely tipped within cycling circles as one of Scotland’s leading hopes.
Latest Sport news
- I moved to Oxford United to realise potential, says Ryan Ledson
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United to believe they belong at Bramall Lane
- Chris Wilder: No place for Sheffield United to hide in "massive" game with Oxford United
- Oxford United confident new scoreboard will be installed shortly
- Benji Buchel call-up raises issue of Oxford United recalling Jack Stevens’ loan from Oxford City
- My Oxford United debut is a boost for all the club's youngsters - Miles Welch-Hayes
- OxVox column: Oxford United make a difference, thanks to generous supporters
- Michael Appleton happy with Oxford United options after Ryan Ledson's arrival
- FOOTBALL: Captain Scott Davies backs Oxford City to build on slow start to Vanarama National League South campaign
- CRICKET: Will Eason backs Division 2 leaders Horspath to finish the job without Rameez Raja