Abingdon's Eddie Pepperell is joint leader after the first day of action in Malmo, Sweden.
The Frilford Heath member, who last week finished tied 21st in the prestigious BMW PGA Championships at Wentworth returned a six-under-par round of 66.
He shares the lead with Swedish player Jens Dantorp.
Pepperell shot seven birdies, including three in the last four holes.
It is the second time in three tournaments that the 23-year-old has been the leader after the first round.
He said: “I played well today and I hit the ball better, which is the main thing for me.
“I’ve not been hitting the ball that well over the last couple of weeks, despite some good results.”
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton searching for a cure to Oxford United's Jekyll & Hyde form
- Oxford United loan extension appeals to Charlie Raglan
- Port Vale chief drops hint over new signing ahead of Oxford United clash
- Oxford United to honour 1996 promotion winners
- FOOTBALL: General manager Justin Merritt backs Oxford City to build on Poole Town win
- FOOTBALL: Didcot Town boss Andy Ballard moves quickly to fill Luke Carnell void
- RUGBY UNION: Alan Hancock backs youthful Oxford Harlequins to step up in South West 1 East
- FOOTBALL: Elliott Osborne-Ricketts leaves North Leigh for Kidlington
- RUGBY UNION: Injured Henry de Berker to miss Oxford University's match against Croatia
- OxVox column: Do you have a football question for the police?