Abingdon's Eddie Pepperell is joint leader after the first day of action in Malmo, Sweden.
The Frilford Heath member, who last week finished tied 21st in the prestigious BMW PGA Championships at Wentworth returned a six-under-par round of 66.
He shares the lead with Swedish player Jens Dantorp.
Pepperell shot seven birdies, including three in the last four holes.
It is the second time in three tournaments that the 23-year-old has been the leader after the first round.
He said: “I played well today and I hit the ball better, which is the main thing for me.
“I’ve not been hitting the ball that well over the last couple of weeks, despite some good results.”
Latest Sport news
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory