Abingdon's Eddie Pepperell is joint leader after the first day of action in Malmo, Sweden.
The Frilford Heath member, who last week finished tied 21st in the prestigious BMW PGA Championships at Wentworth returned a six-under-par round of 66.
He shares the lead with Swedish player Jens Dantorp.
Pepperell shot seven birdies, including three in the last four holes.
It is the second time in three tournaments that the 23-year-old has been the leader after the first round.
He said: “I played well today and I hit the ball better, which is the main thing for me.
“I’ve not been hitting the ball that well over the last couple of weeks, despite some good results.”
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands