Abingdon's Eddie Pepperell is joint leader after the first day of action in Malmo, Sweden.
The Frilford Heath member, who last week finished tied 21st in the prestigious BMW PGA Championships at Wentworth returned a six-under-par round of 66.
He shares the lead with Swedish player Jens Dantorp.
Pepperell shot seven birdies, including three in the last four holes.
It is the second time in three tournaments that the 23-year-old has been the leader after the first round.
He said: “I played well today and I hit the ball better, which is the main thing for me.
“I’ve not been hitting the ball that well over the last couple of weeks, despite some good results.”
Latest Sport news
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- LIVE -Barnet v Oxford United
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles